Best closers in a show

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I have not commented on my favorite closers because my list is too long.. but one of my favorites is Phantom 93,94. It was so in your face, and the drill......

The crab at the end of 94 was kind of different...I kept wishing they'd add it at the end of Ritual Firedance...seemed so much more appropriate of a place to put it in given the exposed, driving quarter notes there...more like 93's crab section. I'm sure that's the entire reason they chose Ritual Firedance...those exposed quarters...then we didn't use the crab. Disappointing, really.

But it was sooo cool crabbing off the field!! OK, cheesy, yes...but the crowd loved it either way! And doing the crab was just amazing. And we were one of the early corps to use extensive jazz running, too, btw. Geez, that will wear you out!

I like the arrangement of Death Hunt from 93 better...94's version with the other Herrman pieces intermingled just didn't seem to flow. But ####, didn't we perform it better in 94!! GREAT hornline! Too bad we were having to go up against 94 BD. Just sick. Not fair. Hmph.

The crab at the end of 94 was kind of different...I kept wishing they'd add it at the end of Ritual Firedance...seemed so much more appropriate of a place to put it in given the exposed, driving quarter notes there...more like 93's crab section. I'm sure that's the entire reason they chose Ritual Firedance...those exposed quarters...then we didn't use the crab. Disappointing, really.

But it was sooo cool crabbing off the field!! OK, cheesy, yes...but the crowd loved it either way! And doing the crab was just amazing. And we were one of the early corps to use extensive jazz running, too, btw. Geez, that will wear you out!

I like the arrangement of Death Hunt from 93 better...94's version with the other Herrman pieces intermingled just didn't seem to flow. But ####, didn't we perform it better in 94!! GREAT hornline! Too bad we were having to go up against 94 BD. Just sick. Not fair. Hmph.

I agree with everything you have just said!