Who's the biggest contender for top 12...

They hadn't officially decided or announced at the camp I went to... but rumor has said it's called "The Factory." And that it's not going to be like "Machine."

coughBOAcough

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They hadn't officially decided or announced at the camp I went to...

Nice job blowing your 'cover'. I wouldn't believe too much of what I hear at camps, because most of it's from people who probably like fabricating things to make it appear as though they're "in the know." Some of the gems I heard at camps last year were that the Cavaliers were going to be using "Korean Folk Song" for their show based on Japanese warriors, and also that Spirit was going to do a Shostakovich-based show.

Nice job blowing your 'cover'. I wouldn't believe too much of what I hear at camps, because most of it's from people who probably like fabricating things to make it appear as though they're "in the know." Some of the gems I heard at camps last year were that the Cavaliers were going to be using "Korean Folk Song" for their show based on Japanese warriors, and also that Spirit was going to do a Shostakovich-based show.

your name is deltabass, nice job on your 'cover'

"Cover?" I don't like to announce what corps I tried out for wildly (because not everything I say is nice) but I'm not trying to keep it top secret or anything. Honestly, I don't give a crap. :P And I know it's not official. That's why I called it a rumor.

Edited by Stryfe

i think the crossmen are in a great direction, and there is no way they can go down in placement unless it is a complete mess up in show design, but from what i hear, vet retention is great.. staff is great. It going to be another growing year for the Crossmen... down the road I see them actually contending for a title, but like I said, thats down the road, and if staff can stay put and create some consistency that will last. Small, smart changes will keep propelling them.

I think their brass staff is one of the best in DCI... but that's just me.

I think Crossmen and Madison will duke it out all season, I think colts and glassmen will be in the mix too, it will be a huge battle to get that finals birth. Good things are happening for each corps around there. And spirit could be in the mix also.

And when will people get through their heads that drum corps is marching band. (But that cannot be reversed)

finally, someone who hasn't completely put spirit down for the count. i really hope some good things happen for them this year.

they seem to be forgotten now that they finally aren't in 12th place... but they were still in the mix of things all season... but the competition for that finals spot is just crazy, even though crossmen seemed to have a firm hold on it this past season it was too close to ever make a call, and look what happened, madison quietly snuck up and snatched it away. It's hard to count out colts and spirit, they are just two great programs with as much chance as anyone else around them

i agree completely. although im not too fired about their show selction, i think they could pull it off nicely. being from alabama myself i want to pull for the home team.

it would be great for both spirit and the crossmen to be in top 12 this year

Edited by ctwest2

if spirit and crossmen made finals together... that would be amazing... would be one big party during retreat........