2006 BD

1996 Scouts

1995 Scouts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are just a few ;

North Star in '80 ( " Chrome Wall " snare line on knees playing and tilting backward feature )

Cadets 2000 Quads

SCV '80

Bridgemen ( snares playing with blindfold feature )

Blue Devils... snare line the last few years taking body movement while playing to a whole new level

Edited by BRASSO

Blue Devils... snare line the last few years taking body movement while playing to a whole new level

they aren't doing anything that hasn't already been going on in wgi for the past 5 or so years. plus the blue devils play dirty while doing body. just check out 07. yikes....

One of my all time favorite drum "features" is 79 SCV - Not the solo Lezghinka, althought that is obviously great, but rather the percussion scoring for the closing number "If you believe" (starting at 10:40 on Fan Network).

Plenty of notes but not overt - always in support of the flow of the song, just really subtle, cool and musical -

Favorite parts: The opening tenor / bass drum lick capped by the cymbal zing, the tenor line feature starting at 11:00 while the drumline grooves backfield, locked in perfectly with no front to back phasing, the perfectly tuned basses transitioning to the open roll passages in the chorus part of the tune, and the phrasing of the sextuplet patterns of the whole line during the push.

I really encourage the younger gen to check out this great example of the musical genius of Fred Sanford :thumbup::cool::cool:

Edited by BD 79-82

For pure entertainment, I always thought it was wild when they spun upside down while playing in Les Etoiles.

Edited by BbTrpt1

Bluecoats 2007/2008

Phantom 2007 (Robbed out of High Percussion)

I think if you listen to the judge's tape from Finals night, you can tell why Phantom didn't score higher on the field in 2007. That said, that drumline was sick nasty and they played some cool @ss notes.

Thanks for the Bluecoats 07/08 mention too. Mac and company are the deal.

-Chris

I think if you listen to the judge's tape from Finals night, you can tell why Phantom didn't score higher on the field in 2007. That said, that drumline was sick nasty and they played some cool @ss notes.

-Chris

Have listened to Judges tape Phantom still got robbed.

-Chris

i've heard it. i think allan calls phantom out on some REALLY minor things. blue devils, however, he just ignores ticks. it's an interesting comparison.