Scholastic World

1 Seminole HS 59.00

2 Freedom HS 58.10

Independent World

1 Northeast Independent 75.90

2 The Knights World 65.00

3 Fahrenheit World 62.90

My thoughts...

I wasn't able to see the Scholastic A division, but I was able to watch everyone else. I was surprised by River City Independent. I guess I was expecting a bit more from them. I thought University HS would top Cypress Creek. University had so much emotion dripping from their performance. Great stuff. Love the Coldplay music. I was surprised to see USF on top of Fahrenheit Open. Both had great outings for the first show of the season. USF has come so far in the last two years. I thought the two would be closer in score. I loved Freedom HS last year and am disappointed with their show this year. I don't know. It's okay. Seminole HS was pretty good. The ice-cracking in the music got really annoying after a while (partially because it was SO loud). NEI had a beautiful show. I have to admit, I miss the dark, intense type of show from them. But they looked great last night. The show will probably grow on me. The Knights... eh. I didn't like last year's show that much, and this year's is supposedly like a sequel to it. I didn't like how the portion of MLK's "I have a dream" speech in The Knight's show is almost the exact same portion in Freedom HS's show. Come on, Michael James. Change it up a bit. I love Fahrenheit World's show, probably because it's intense. They are stronger than last season.

I'll be heading to multiple FFCC shows and a couple WGI regionals over the next two months. I'm very excited to see more shows and to see these grow over the course of the season.

Guar Guy Knows, (looks like you were in too much of a hurry to start bashing groups to notice that you didn't spell your username correctly), your entire post is filled with almost nothing but negativity, with not very much good to say about anyone. Joking about performers' weight/appearance? But then again, for somebody from Miami, FL, the obnoxiousness is not surprising. Learn how to articulate your opinions with some class, or please do not bother to write another review.

This thread should be closed. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this review was down right nasty.

How sad to slam kids for their hard work. Being that this was your 4th post and given the errors, I am assuming your a kid yourself. The guards in your "review" work just as hard as you do throughout the year. Of course the first show isn't perfect. It's unfair to compare the end of last season to the start of this season. Trainning and refining will go on all this season and shows will take shape.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but your scathing review is simply over the line. Like mama says, if you can't say something nice, shut your trap.

Please don't think that just because this one poster is from Miami, ALL folks from down south are that obnoxious.

- Univ of Miami Graduate, Former Alliance of Miami Member, and beach comber.

Sorry, I was sort of lashing out with the 'Miami' bit...I'm a resident of South Florida myself, and I know that are very nice people down here, and there are also very nasty ones too.

Scrolling back now to read all this to see if it should be closed...I'll let you know!

I deleted the review. Nasty.

Next up - suspending the account.

No need for that.