Lake Erie Thunder Camp #2

Rehearsal in under 10 hours... cant wait!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from Lake Erie Thunder's rehearsal after about a hour of observation. They have their #### together. I was very impressed with the Drum line AND the instruction. (nope....I have no expertice in percussion). Just going by my GUT!!. Horn line instruction (including basic horn drill) very posivite. I like the way this is being put together. Wheater you are a vet or a newbie the staff has put together, IMO, a program of instruction that introduces the newcomer to our activity and yet at the same time keeping the veteran(s) from becoming bored with repetition.

My hat (shako) is off to all the TBIRD Alumni players who showed up to participate and their ability to indure some repitition (from years past) that others new to our activity may learn. :thumbup:

Having said all that and just an addendum.......there are some new and fresh perspectives that can be gleaned here. Ya......even as an old timer I like to think I can still learn beyond my stubborness as a traditionalist. Yinz otta stop by some time to a THUNDER rehearsal. They (Lake Erie Thunder) have combined experienced staff with new staff and they seem to work well together AND I'm very, very, hard to please so this comment doesn't come lightly. (old school talking here).

Loads of talent. I forsee some good things happening here.

Gotta go now.......it's our puppy's (Miss Abigail) 1st birthday and she looks like she needs a Labatt's and a shot of Bourbon. (oops....mirror reflection.....sorry......never mind)

Edited by melligene

well, after playing in the line today for the first time, all I can say is "wow". Every section and facet of this corps has a very talented staff person or 2 who really knows what they are doing and plays in the line, in addition to the brass and percussion instructors. I learned so much today I had to take notes and I've been doing this for 27 years. They even taught me how to breathe. I thought I had that skill. :thumbup: Very nice young group of folks who are going to have fun this summer and be VERY entertaining as well. Count me in all the way. Thanks

Edited by Mike_B

Hey cheez, there's a guy on the tube that can't be named who will show you all you need to play tympani. Army dude, type tympani instruction. You otter be there. Rock God status is yours for the taking. Wait till you hear the opener. The opening percussion feature is called Presto Barbaro which means faster, barbaric. When I see barbaric, I think of you. :thumbup:

Edited by Mike_B

Hey cheez, there's a guy on the tube that can't be named who will show you all you need to play tympani. Army dude, type tympani instruction. You otter be there. Rock God status is yours for the taking. Wait till you hear the opener. The opening percussion feature is called Presto Barbaro which means faster, barbaric. When I see barbaric, I think of you. :thumbup: