East Coast Jazz

The East Coast Jazz is organizing rehearsals for brass and percussion for a parade corps. Their plan is to recruit experienced players of all ages as a preliminary to developing a base of members eligible for a DCI Open Class corps for 2010. Parade fees will be used to support the corps as it continues to pay down debt.

Their bingo plans are moving slowly because of delays at the city council level, but the administration is feeling positive about this.

The corps has received a donation of a full battery and will be looking for brass instruments very soon. If anyone is interested go to their web site and sign up. www.eastcoastjazz.org.

this is from the East Coast Jazz website...... was it written by a 3rd grader?

Planning Underway For Active 2010:

The Board Of Directors of Youth In The Arts has accepted the challenge of getting theEast Coast Jazz onto the competition field in 2010. to thjis end organization has acquired battery percussion equipment as donation form a generous supporter. The board is also wiorking with a large cooration for to arrange the loan of brass intruments on a more or less permaninent basis. We also a a commitment from another backer for a set of four copper-bottomed tympani.

Several fundraining prjects gared to raising substantiial sums are in the planning stage. Venues are being researched for size and cost.

Rehearsals to begin for brass and percusio:

The East Coast Jazz will begin rehearsals in February for brass and percussions sections to establish a parade corps for the summer of 2009. These rehearsals will provide an opportunity for players of all ages to build up their chops and have a part in raising funds for the Jazz. Rehearsals will be open to experienced players and will take place twice a month at the Salvation Army Hall, 13 Main Street, Malden. Percussion will be the first and third Mondays; brass the second and fourth. Times 7 to 9.

Anyone interested can click on the Join East Coast Jazz link to send us their information.

The East Coast Jazz is organizing rehearsals for brass and percussion for a parade corps. Their plan is to recruit experienced players of all ages as a preliminary to developing a base of members eligible for a DCI Open Class corps for 2010. Parade fees will be used to support the corps as it continues to pay down debt.

Their bingo plans are moving slowly because of delays at the city council level, but the administration is feeling positive about this.

The corps has received a donation of a full battery and will be looking for brass instruments very soon. If anyone is interested go to their web site and sign up. www.eastcoastjazz.org.

It makes me sad to see this happening to my former home. Although I'm not really sure if you can call it the same corps, since none of the members or staff are going to be the same.

According to their web site, they are applying for a BINGO license from the city of Malden, and that "The resumption of the bingo game is a major part of the corps' financial planning". Thats good news, no corps could go wrong with a cash cow like BINGO in todays economy!!!!

this is from the East Coast Jazz website...... was it written by a 3rd grader?

Planning Underway For Active 2010:

The Board Of Directors of Youth In The Arts has accepted the challenge of getting theEast Coast Jazz onto the competition field in 2010. to thjis end organization has acquired battery percussion equipment as donation form a generous supporter. The board is also wiorking with a large cooration for to arrange the loan of brass intruments on a more or less permaninent basis. We also a a commitment from another backer for a set of four copper-bottomed tympani.

Several fundraining prjects gared to raising substantiial sums are in the planning stage. Venues are being researched for size and cost.

Rehearsals to begin for brass and percusio:

The East Coast Jazz will begin rehearsals in February for brass and percussions sections to establish a parade corps for the summer of 2009. These rehearsals will provide an opportunity for players of all ages to build up their chops and have a part in raising funds for the Jazz. Rehearsals will be open to experienced players and will take place twice a month at the Salvation Army Hall, 13 Main Street, Malden. Percussion will be the first and third Mondays; brass the second and fourth. Times 7 to 9.

Anyone interested can click on the Join East Coast Jazz link to send us their information.

With the bingo income they should hire someone who speaks English as a FIRST language to manage their website.

Some drum corps folks just don't know when to quit.

According to their web site, they are applying for a BINGO license from the city of Malden, and that "The resumption of the bingo game is a major part of the corps' financial planning". Thats good news, no corps could go wrong with a cash cow like BINGO in todays economy!!!!

Can I join the corps as a Public Relations person? I don't even need to be payed. The satisfaction that one less person is butchering the English language is a perfectly fine wage.

As a matter of fact, that would be a really cool volunteer job...

*conjures up an e-mail*

Can I join the corps as a Public Relations person? I don't even need to be payed. The satisfaction that one less person is butchering the English language is a perfectly fine wage.

As a matter of fact, that would be a really cool volunteer job...

*conjures up an e-mail*

That's ok...it's ECJ we're talking about here. From all the other things we've heard about them on here you wouldn't be paid even if they told you that they were going to.

Nothing can go wrong? Tell that to the Spartans still leaning on their non-existent bingo game :smile:

Though it is a better idea to reorganize as a parade corps than to just start out of the blue.

Edited by wickedpissah

Nothing can go wrong? Tell that to the Spartans still leaning on their non-existent bingo game :smile:

Though it is a better idea to reorganize as a parade corps than to just start out of the blue.

Sorry, you did not get my soft shade of sarsacm in that last post. Bingo is a dead institution in MA, its time for them to find another way.

I don't even need to be payed. The satisfaction that one less person is butchering the English language is a perfectly fine wage.

I don't know if you could provide that satisfaction to yourself.

Edited by mello_laurel