Pioneer still accepting brass and color guard applications

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call yesterday that another baritone vet from last year is returning.

:thumbup:

Congrats and good luck with your kids this summer.

I remember the summer of 1996...all of Div II/III corps in DCM were pretty good :smile:

Hope the Corps moves up the World Class ranks this year! :thumbup: Donny is doing an excellent job (as well as others) and Pioneer is primed to have an outstanding year.

I have avoided writing in this thread because it perplexes me a bit.

On one hand...I want Pioneer to return to the form of their last years in Div. II and their first years in Div. I.

So, if Pioneer is let's say 18th instead of 21st...what is that going to do to my world? Will cats start sleeping with dogs, Cubs will win world series and a black guy will be President?

Oh...

Yeah...

Cool...

It could just happen.

One thing would go a long way for me....put the policemen's hats away for a year and clean up the front of the uniform. That's really my only criticism. The corps has always had the ability to be better....Pioneer has worked hard to upgrade the level of their staff. Recruiting is always and issue when you have the Madisons...the Rosemonts and the World Champions all right in your backyard.

However...even on these cold February days....walk outside and breathe in. Do you smell the spring coming? The spring of change and renewal and new energy and life? Do you smell it? It smells like Irish Spring!

Oh...that's just my shower.

Get it done Pioneer. And tell Adam that Kenton would help clean feet this summer...he'd have to work it around the wedding though.

Out.

I have avoided writing in this thread because it perplexes me a bit.

On one hand...I want Pioneer to return to the form of their last years in Div. II and their first years in Div. I.

So, if Pioneer is let's say 18th instead of 21st...what is that going to do to my world? Will cats start sleeping with dogs, Cubs will win world series and a black guy will be President?

Oh...

Yeah...

Cool...

It could just happen.

One thing would go a long way for me....put the policemen's hats away for a year and clean up the front of the uniform. That's really my only criticism. The corps has always had the ability to be better....Pioneer has worked hard to upgrade the level of their staff. Recruiting is always and issue when you have the Madisons...the Rosemonts and the World Champions all right in your backyard.

However...even on these cold February days....walk outside and breathe in. Do you smell the spring coming? The spring of change and renewal and new energy and life? Do you smell it? It smells like Irish Spring!

Oh...that's just my shower.

Get it done Pioneer. And tell Adam that Kenton would help clean feet this summer...he'd have to work it around the wedding though.

Out.

Please let the office know of your concerns about the hats and uniforms. My pleas have run out of steam. LOL...

DA

Please let the office know of your concerns about the hats and uniforms. My pleas have run out of steam. LOL...

DA

Because the hats are flat, they make the members look shorter. The old aussies the corps used at least gave the corps a visual presence they don't have now.

Yes, please change the hats!

Because the hats are flat, they make the members look shorter. The old aussies the corps used at least gave the corps a visual presence they don't have now.

Yes, please change the hats!

I totally agree. And Roman has inventoried everything in the past...so they should still be around. They always looked better on the corps that the police officers hats.

There is only one person that doesnt agree with that and he runs the corps. He told me that when I run the corps we can get shakos with plumes, aussies or anything other hats there are.

Honestly, I have done my best. I dont have the energy to fight that one anymore.

Donny

There is only one person that doesnt agree with that and he runs the corps. He told me that when I run the corps we can get shakos with plumes, aussies or anything other hats there are.

Honestly, I have done my best. I dont have the energy to fight that one anymore.

Donny

Hey Donny...chin up. It's not why Roman has you there. Keep doing the great teaching you're doing with those horn players. If enough of us make sure Roman knows....and I'm sure I'm not the first to go "blaaachy" about those hats...he can either listen to the fans...or go about what he believes is best. That's his purogative. Always has been.

But, really...come on here. The current uniform is a lesson in "Drum Corps - What Not to Wear." The only thing that could possibly make this uni worse is white trousers with the big red or green strip down the side.

Are you all wearing spats? Am I remembering that right?

Donny

Please print and give to Roman .......I'LL put this as gently as I can........ ROMAN THE HATS DONT WORK!!!!

Even if I was wrong about this probably something like 90% or more of the people believe that the Pioneer need to change Uniforms and or hats. I know you and the corps are working your tail off to change perception and become more competitive. What better way to put that fact in judges and fans minds alike then to make a uniform change....at least the hats! It will sit in peoples minds that this is a turning point for a great organization competing for a birth in Semi-finals. You'll have a new look, a new sound and a larger corps. Roman, It would be perfect! Whats the worst that can happen....You don't like the changes and you go back to the old stuff next year... However, I'd bet that you would like the change and end up embracing it (just a hunch).