Remembering the BANDETTES

Gone but not forgotten!

From "Soo This Week" February 4/09.

BANDETTES HISTORY:

The Sault Ste. Marie Museum has developed an exhibit entitled "Strike Up The Band," depicting 40 years of the history of the Bandettes All Girl Drum and Bugle Corps, featuring uniforms, instruments, photos and memorabilia. The exhibit runs from Feb. 3 to April 25.

It would be nice if someone could get some pictures of the exhibit. O rmaybe even a video of it to put on youtube.
Yeah right along and next to all of the Prasidium stuff ! :blink: I really believe that those

two corps should have merged ! Whatever happened to all of those really cool helmets :laughing:

I'll pay $25.00 for one in good shape .

Gone but not forgotten!

From "Soo This Week" February 4/09.

BANDETTES HISTORY:

The Sault Ste. Marie Museum has developed an exhibit entitled "Strike Up The Band," depicting 40 years of the history of the Bandettes All Girl Drum and Bugle Corps, featuring uniforms, instruments, photos and memorabilia. The exhibit runs from Feb. 3 to April 25.

Thanks for the announcement.

I read that the museum was a post office in the early 1900's. It's wonderful that the museum pay tribute to the Bandettes.

The kind gentlemen in Toronto posted photos http://www.optimists-alumni.org/photos/thu...s.php?album=188

and there's a Yahoo group, greatlakesareadrumandbuglecorps that has the Bandettes

We miss our corps too. Keep in touch. Thanks again.

Thats great news, The Americanos Alumni Association is looking to do the samething. The Appleton History Museum is looking to help us with achriving our history right along with Harry Houdni. I am glad that other corps are doing this they may be gone but the history of the corps is not lost.