Racine Scouts 2009

After successfully completing camps in both Wisconsin and Texas with 90% returning vets and a fair amount of prospective members, the Racine Scouts are looking at another promising season. At both camp locations, members of the horn and percussion section worked hard at solidifing the basics to further enhance their musicianship while the colorguard reviewed basics of dance, flag, rifle and sabre. The full ensemble was able to play, spin and dance through the opener on the move by the end of both camp weekends.

The corps have limited spots open in all sections to fill out the anticipated 60+ member corps. The front ensemble is currently looking for a skilled timpanist and drumset player.

The next Wisconsin camp will be held at Wheatland Center School (6606 368th Ave, Burlington WI 53105) in Wheatland Wisconsin on February 13-15

Check the website for details on the Texas camp on February 20-22.

www.racinescouts.com

This is GREAT news.... it'll be great to see the Scouts with a larger corps.

And the vet retention is great news. I really thought last year's corps had a lot of strengths (just listened to it Saturday, in fact) and are a great group to build on.

After successfully completing camps in both Wisconsin and Texas with 90% returning vets and a fair amount of prospective members, the Racine Scouts are looking at another promising season. At both camp locations, members of the horn and percussion section worked hard at solidifing the basics to further enhance their musicianship while the colorguard reviewed basics of dance, flag, rifle and sabre. The full ensemble was able to play, spin and dance through the opener on the move by the end of both camp weekends.

The corps have limited spots open in all sections to fill out the anticipated 60+ member corps. The front ensemble is currently looking for a skilled timpanist and drumset player.

The next Wisconsin camp will be held at Wheatland Center School (6606 368th Ave, Burlington WI 53105) in Wheatland Wisconsin on February 13-15

Check the website for details on the Texas camp on February 20-22.

www.racinescouts.com

I marched in Marion from 67-74 and i remember beating the scouts but everytime we got to nationals they beat us and made finals, wow the words we had for them.

.But i respect their quest to survive and to that i say congrats and keep building

Good luck in 09

Carl