The Reading Buccaneers

Reading Buccaneers  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What makes them consistently superior?

• Better Design Staff
    • Better Instructional Staff
    • More Talented Membership
    • Better Work Ethic
    • Combination of the above
    • Other

if you notice, marching members of organizations such as phantom regiment, santa clara vanguard, the madison scouts, reading buccaneers, even the jersey surf, as a general rule do not post on these boards. these are also the organizations that are considered to be the class of the marching activity.

think about it.

lol @ comparing Reading to Phantom.

Edited by HighBrass08

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ comparing Reading to Phantom.

obviously i'm not comparing them from a performance standpoint. that would be pointless, especially considering that the compete in entirely different circuits, and their shows are designed for a different medium and a different audience. but organizationally and administrationally speaking, there isn't much difference. a well run, respected drum corps is a well run, respected drum corps, no matter what class or circuit.

obviously i'm not comparing them from a performance standpoint. that would be pointless, especially considering that the compete in entirely different circuits, and their shows are designed for a different medium and a different audience. but organizationally and administrationally speaking, there isn't much difference. a well run, respected drum corps is a well run, respected drum corps, no matter what class or circuit.

I know. I wasnt bashing you guys or accusing you of anything, I just meant(trying to say this as nice as possible) that its funny comparing a Phantom Regiment show to a Reading. I know its a different circuit, so I dont mean to be offensive.

I know. I wasnt bashing you guys or accusing you of anything...

for the record, i just want to reiterate that i am in no way involved with the reading buccaneers or any other dca corps. just a fan of good drum corps and clean beats.

Edited by big old drummer man

for the record, i just want to reiterate that i am in no way involved with the reading buccaneers or any other dca corps. just a fan of good drum corps and clean beats.

Yeah, I just didnt know so I thought i'd throw it out there.

Yeah, I just didnt know so I thought i'd throw it out there.
Because as we all know, anyone who remotely praises the Bucs is either an alumni, a stealth member or a "Buc's cheerleader".... Edited by VOReason

Because as we all know, anyone who remotely praises the Bucs is either an alumni, a stealth member or a "Buc's cheerleader"....

You wonder why arguments always happen in a Buc thread....thats exactly why. Do us a favor and leave, stop trying to start an argument again.

This thread is killing me. It is starting to remind me of the old days of RAMD.

Look, go out and beat them...please!!! The idea is to out-program then out-perform them. Go to the drawing board and come up with something that makes more sense, is more entertaining, has no weaknesses in design...and then get the performance level good enough across the board to win the show. What's so hard about that? Until then, they are the champions. All of the talk means nothing until you strap it on, and go take the first place trophy. Thats what I did when I was at Empire.

Nobody got screwed last year, BUT it wasn't the best I have seen many of the corps I have ever watched on DCA weekend. The only corps that I would honestly say was the best I ever saw them was MBI. I have seen Bucs better, I have seen Empire better and actually believe that I performed in Empire finals shows that were better. I have seen Cabs better, I have definitely seen Bush, Brigs, Renegades, Cru and posssibly CV better.

So all of that being said...Go get em...so that way the trash talk can stop.

Where's Connie Breen and Sal Chimera during all of this?

Donny

Thanks for clearing that up Donny. What he said is all true and thats exactly what we should be doing, not sitting on DCP and arguing. Im done in this thread.