Recent Ageout looking to get back in it

Yeah, I don't think you can switch before you actually join. :thumbdown:

Great point about working this out with the family. (Thank goodness my wife thought I should get outta the house more.) Maybe the other members and/or corps websites can give an idea of how many times you will be "doing DC" during the year. This includes practices along with the gigs. Also if the corps does gigs during times when you are out of town (4th of July, etc) and how the corps feels about missing gigs and practices.

Been there.. did that... starting my 6th season after getting back in....

Family comes first. I did my DCI years full tilt. Now im looking for something rewarding yet satisfying to the itch i have..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family comes first.

The Alumni-type corps mantra.... :worthy:

Fell into mine by accident when watching a local show. Talked to a member about number of times I'd be with the corps during the year and it sounded do-able. And lucky for me my wife has two Bridge fanatics as parents so being out of the house for practice and gigs was not a new idea. 4th of July has turned into a routine of "I'll be at my sisters for the cook out. After you get cleaned up, they'll have some food saved for you" :thumbdown:

And really lucky for me, she likes watching shows and has become friends with some of the other members. Labor Day Weekend is now DCA Weekend with the gang.

Well that sounds amazing! that is what im looking for light but rewarding. Can you put me in touch with some members that may be close to me?

Well , I am glad you think so , because it IS amazing ! We have quite a few members that live in southern New Hampshire .Heck if you drive that far, you are just about in Massachusetts anyway. My EMail address is mddesouza@hotmail.com .Drop me a line & I will see what I can do .I know for a fact that one of our snare drummers is in NH. As was stated in another post by 3rdbari man . Kevins only asks that you make one rehearsal a month . Make what ever shows an parades that you can .This is a hobby . Not like the days when we were in competition .Nobody is going to break your stones .This is the beauty of Sr Alumni Corps .you can have fun & still see you wife & kids.Our entire schedule for the year is on our web site .We have one more indoor show ,in Boston, in June that is not listed yet. Yah Man....thats the life !!

Later, Mike D.

Yeah, I don't think you can switch before you actually join. :thumbdown:
lol

lol

Hi John,

We have a spot in the Contra section for you too !

Mike D.

Hi John,

Mike D.

Yumm CONTRA!!! i may only be 21 but i want to have many years in corps and have many years so throw out there. Alumni seems to be the best for me!

Hi John,

Mike D.

Luv youse guys Mike! Being part of Kevins was a huge highlight, there were a couple of gigs, a parade and a standstill at the post that I remember, where I was the contra section.

Just been laying low lately . . maybe someday.

Luv youse guys Mike! Being part of Kevins was a huge highlight, there were a couple of gigs, a parade and a standstill at the post that I remember, where I was the contra section.

Just been laying low lately . . maybe someday.

Yah John,

I remember ,St Pats Day in the Southie VFW parking lot, 2001 ,You were the contra section ! Not so sparce these days .We have 7 Big Boys now .Sunday at rehearsal ,I heard you were going to come back .dont lay so low . Be good to have you in the line again !

Mike

hey all. ive been doing something with Drum corps since 2002 doing a parade corps up here in maine for 4 years then Citations in Mass in 2007 and finally Spartans in 2008. Im looking for somewhere to take me into thier corps family. I work full time and have a family so im not looking for like my DCI days. Some place fun and friendly any ideas? Thanks everyone for reading this!

PS help with a ride would be great and my true dream someday is to be part of the blue team, but not this very day as my distance is a big burden!

Thanks!

Derek Pellerin

Derek,

My name is Dave Keck and I'm recruiting director for the Brigs. So, I'll throw in my pitch and let you know we have a couple of folks coming from eastern Mass and NH area and would be willing to hook you up with a ride. E-mail me if I can help in anyway.

Dave Keck

Dir of Recruiting

The Brigadiers

Derek,

My name is Dave Keck and I'm recruiting director for the Brigs. So, I'll throw in my pitch and let you know we have a couple of folks coming from eastern Mass and NH area and would be willing to hook you up with a ride. E-mail me if I can help in anyway.

Dave Keck

Dir of Recruiting

The Brigadiers

Its looking like if i can make the arrangements to make it down i will be marching this summer with the Defenders Alumni. Im talking with the Director to get myself down there. Thank you all and i wish you all luck this summer.