Buglers Hall Of Fame

I just want to say 'Thank You" to all those who participated in yesterday's BHOF I&E Regional Championships, performers and spectators alike. The list of competitors was double that of last year and the spectators were more than double. The show was a rousing success and plans are already in the works for next years show.

All those who attended, and some came quite a distance, had a great time and the party lasted for quite a while after the last notes were played. The 'oasis' seemed to be a very popular gathering place for everyone.

I will leave the posting of scores and placings to the BHOF, either here or on their website.

Thank you, once again, one and all.

Ray

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SELDEN CADETS ALUMNI want to thank Anthony Convertito and the BUGLER'S HALL OF FAME for inviting us to participate in this great show.

We had a chance to meet a lot of old friends and some new ones and to perform for some of the all time greats in the drum corps activity.

It was our pleasure to be a part of the show and we are looking forward to being in Bridgeport at the end of the month.

Good sounds from CAPITAL BRASS and the BRASSMEN and it was a great to see Tom Breen's BROOKLYN UNITED there too.

Nice performance from HOLY NAME CADETS, hope to see them again soon.

Hi to the VAGABONDS (a corps that we competed with back in "the day")...nice show. :cool:

And.....what can I say about "The Romeo's"..... :smile:

Nice performances in the I&E part of the show too.

And.......Andy Lisko......what can I say :cool:

See you all at the end of the month!

I just want to say 'Thank You" to all those who participated in yesterday's BHOF I&E Regional Championships, performers and spectators alike. The list of competitors was double that of last year and the spectators were more than double. The show was a rousing success and plans are already in the works for next years show.

All those who attended, and some came quite a distance, had a great time and the party lasted for quite a while after the last notes were played. The 'oasis' seemed to be a very popular gathering place for everyone.

I will leave the posting of scores and placings to the BHOF, either here or on their website.

Thank you, once again, one and all.

Ray

Take it from a guy that had to "face the crowd" all day, this was one heckuva celebration! From the opening notes of the Quintet Plus One's National Anthem to the closing strands of Capital Brass's Patriotic Tribute the fans were the ultimate winners ... the upcoming Bridgeport show should prove to be just as entertaining with several repeats performances by the Garfield participants (Capital Brass, Selden, Brassmen, Romeos) plus the addition of several other iconis talents (St. Kevin's, Park City Pride, Mass Brass, Golden Eagles) ... and more!!!

Look forward to harass ... er ... introducing all the participants in Bridgeport ...

Andy "your :cool: cordial MC" Lisko

Hmmmmmmmm.....like I axed Saturday Andy, ain't that a SEXtet??????????

Take it from a guy that had to "face the crowd" all day, this was one heckuva celebration! From the opening notes of the Quintet Plus One's National Anthem to the closing strands of Capital Brass's Patriotic Tribute the fans were the ultimate winners ... the upcoming Bridgeport show should prove to be just as entertaining with several repeats performances by the Garfield participants (Capital Brass, Selden, Brassmen, Romeos) plus the addition of several other iconis talents (St. Kevin's, Park City Pride, Mass Brass, Golden Eagles) ... and more!!!

Look forward to harass ... er ... introducing all the participants in Bridgeport ...

Andy "your :cool: cordial MC" Lisko

Where are the results?

The Final Scores will be posted on the bughershalloffame.com web site shortly.

Anthony

JoeGuido has decided to compete in Bridgeport. He will again play his famous rendition of 'Cannibals on Venus' on either Bb or G bugles, then he will use a v/r mello to assault the audience. He will do flag, sabre and rifle while simultaneously singing 'Once In Love With Amy'.......in his trademark silver spandex.

So, who will come to kick his misbegotten tuchus??????

Thank you my friend............LOLOLOL.....there were a lot of laughs at the HOF induction banquet.........best performance was at GAS sponsored by Scout House where Mickey named it "THAT EFFING SONG".....never saw him as purple as that night and Doc was trying to calm him down for two days.

Thank God he finally forgave me..........hmmmmmmmmmmm, ...........NAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[...in his trademark silver spandex.

Uh oh, he said spandex! Jimmy, you're not going to sing THAT song are you? The one that made Mickey glare at you guys!

Ray

PS - nice job Saturday.

That is great news, Ray.... it's nice to see a drum corps tradition like the "off-season" I&E shows making a comeback!!

Fran