Suncoast Sound Spider Cadence

jonnyboy

Hey guys, I've had an ongoing love affair with the old Suncoast Sound streetbeat "Spider". Does anyone know who wrote it? Also, I would love a copy since my memory is fading. I would love to teach it to my indoor guys as a "blast from the past" kind of thing.

Any info is much appreciated!!

BTW what you all think of a nice little book of classic cadences and exercises? SCV and some other corps have great success is selling modern stuff, might be fun to put together a collection of some classics.

p.s. A copy of the old Suncoast accent/tap exercise would be awesome also.

Hey guys, I've had an ongoing love affair with the old Suncoast Sound streetbeat "Spider". Does anyone know who wrote it? Also, I would love a copy since my memory is fading. I would love to teach it to my indoor guys as a "blast from the past" kind of thing.

Any info is much appreciated!!

BTW what you all think of a nice little book of classic cadences and exercises? SCV and some other corps have great success is selling modern stuff, might be fun to put together a collection of some classics.

p.s. A copy of the old Suncoast accent/tap exercise would be awesome also.

http://www.jw3.com/products/product_17.html

This gives you an answer to all of your spider questions

Just to let you all know ..... Allen Joanis came to me a few years ago wanting to publish the cadence Spider. I agreed to give him my versions of 1983-86 for publication ONLY if he established a scholarship in the name of the Suncoast Sound percussion sections from all those wonderful years and that ALL THE MONEY went into that scholarship fund. Also in that forward was the understanding that people like Ken Watts, Jack Starling, Dave Hall, Mitch Marcum, Rich Viano, Tony Aleguas, Timmy Dugas, Shelly Raker and John Campese all contributed in some way .... versions of this cadence or their own ideas to the evolution of it.

It would be wonderful if people actually purchased a copy of this cadence so that the money could go to the SS Percussion scholarship. Every dime goes directly to this scholarship ......... and it is a truly worthy cause. If everyone who wrote their own version of this cadence over the years would actually purchase a copy from JW3 there would be quite a scholaship for some great kids.

All the best.

Al

Thanks for the info guys, I just purchased a copy. Al, just so you know Spider was a Crossmen favorite the years I marched. Often the bassline would play the intro and bass part when marching to sectionals or cruising to lunch etc. Great memories!

• 14 years later...

Okay I know this is the FATTEST of chances but if any of y'all are still active on this does anyone have a transcript of the Spyder cadence? I remember playing it in HS over ten years ago but the only things I remember are bits and pieces and I would love to be able to preserve this piece of drum corps and drumline history by having current students play it. Thanks in advance, y'all!