WGI surprises and breakdowns

Leaving Corona out to dry? They are fantastic, I always enjoy their shows. And the equipment is bordering ridiculous... in a good way. I can only imagine being at their camp.... "ok everybody put on your helmet and pads, we're learning new work" but wow their equipment work probably the most challenging i've seen. good luck to them at finals, i'm impressed.

No disrespect intended as I like Corona a lot but the show of theirs I saw on Fan Network had FAR too many drops. I love the hair raising tricks as much as the next person but there were so many pieces of equipment hitting the floor, it was like a separate percussion track that was intended to be heard.

Also a few of the tricks are the same tricks from 2007 and 2008.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect intended as I like Corona a lot but the show of theirs I saw on Fan Network had FAR too many drops. I love the hair raising tricks as much as the next person but there were so many pieces of equipment hitting the floor, it was like a separate percussion track that was intended to be heard.

Hahaha, I love the honesty here. Once again, from the video I saw, corona is doing the tricks with some messy execution. Something irks me about that show.

There is something bothersome about the flow of it. It's very much like "here's a phrase, then we stand still do a little something and then here's another phrase".

Where's the flow? Their flow of movement is not that great either. Here's a leap! But is that leap logical in that part or is it just there to show off skills?

I had the same commentary last year if I remember right. The staging also seems a little dated as well, with some integration but not a lot. If their top competitors are just as clean at Dayton then their show design could effect their placement.

I'm not pulling the plug by any means on a chance for a medal or even gold, but right now, I'm just not seeing it (for the gold anyways).

Hahaha, I love the honesty here. Once again, from the video I saw, corona is doing the tricks with some messy execution. Something irks me about that show.

There is something bothersome about the flow of it. It's very much like "here's a phrase, then we stand still do a little something and then here's another phrase".

Where's the flow? Their flow of movement is not that great either. Here's a leap! But is that leap logical in that part or is it just there to show off skills?

I had the same commentary last year if I remember right. The staging also seems a little dated as well, with some integration but not a lot. If their top competitors are just as clean at Dayton then their show design could effect their placement.

I'm not pulling the plug by any means on a chance for a medal or even gold, but right now, I'm just not seeing it (for the gold anyways).

I'm hoping Corona does get a medal, as they won't be around next year to get one ;-(

Leaving Corona out to dry? They are fantastic, I always enjoy their shows. And the equipment is bordering ridiculous... in a good way. I can only imagine being at their camp.... "ok everybody put on your helmet and pads, we're learning new work" but wow their equipment work probably the most challenging i've seen. good luck to them at finals, i'm impressed.

Actually I think Corona is great BUT they do not execute like the other groups I mentioned. Its great that the attempt the work they do and they should be pushing the boudaries of what your performers can do in the World class, but you should have to execute to get points. My problem is with the teams in world class that are doing less than most of the Open class teams and yet they still get the scores.

I'm hoping Corona does get a medal, as they won't be around next year to get one ;-(

I am willing to bet top three is SCV, NEI and Aimachi. I pray that SCV gets the gold. I know people seem to love Aimachi but I am not a fan of batons in guard and the baton guy seems to be their biggest draw.

I am willing to bet top three is SCV, NEI and Aimachi. I pray that SCV gets the gold. I know people seem to love Aimachi but I am not a fan of batons in guard and the baton guy seems to be their biggest draw.

There's more than one baton twirler in their guard. Aimachi is impeccable in their control, design, flow of show, and they are normally clean. A twirler, who doesn't

even receive an equipment score isn't going to help much (except maybe in GE)

so i got to see Americas SW guard this weekend at the Dallas Regional this past weekend and i must say that i am now a big fan of this guard! such a well designed and innovative show.

Love the changes Black Gold made and the pastel rainbow silk are lovely against the floor (which reminds me of diff starbucks coffes, in a god way). Code Black's movement worked me out...love to see some expressive arms.

Desoto was beautifuly feirce and mature..i'd even dare to say they are the alvin ailey of SA in terms of there movement and performace! Mansfield was as intense as ever, even with the drops i thoroughly enjoied their dance of the dead! The harpist (or whatever you call a harp player) and the live vocalist was the cherry on top of one of the prettiest shows i've seen in the scholastic a division this year. Little Elm stands out to me in the way that their show was very well planed and almost reminded me of Fantasia's show last year with the rocking chair and costuming, the all male sabre line was on their beat!

University Of Louisiana delivered such a fun show, usually i'd be over imogen heap used in guard but i haven't heard this song used so it was a breath of fresh peach flavored air..oh and boy does that guard know how to perform or what? they so maxed it out in terms of the quirky aspect of splashing in water

Ars Nova O....just OMG is all i can say...Matt Garret has done an outstanding job with his guards this year and i wouldn't be suprised if all of them were close to the top in dayton this year.

Thanks for the review! I wish I could have been at that regional.....

WOWWWWWW!!!! Anyway, Michael if you are reading this we love you and we love your show!!

WOWWWWWW!!!! Anyway, Michael if you are reading this we love you and we love your show!!

I do love the show, really I do. I can not wait to see it cleaned up for finals. I was just amazed that they kept tricks in with that many drops, and it was a LOT of drops. I was also kinda taken aback when i saw retreads of some of the tricks, i.e. the sitting in the diagonal and tossing the rifle to the person behind from 2007 and the toss and pull the ankles of the person doing the handstand behind you to catch from 2008. Also, again with the two-tone unitards.