is it to late?

Someone needs to seriously jump-start the east coast music education system (with corps in mind as a real positive activity). You would think that with the Crusaders pretty much in FL and Spartans and Targets suffering (are they out for '09 at all??), Citations and 7th should be marching a full corps. There's no good reason why few kids around NE march...don't say it's the weather:) That's seriously another topic though, my bad for the digression.

When choosing between World and Open, I suggest one thinks about these few factors:

1) How long do you want to be away from home (ie: check out rehearsal and touring schedules of each)

2) What can you afford?

3) Who do you know in each corps? (sometimes the people make or break a season, not knowing anyone is an exciting new experience, knowing more people will strengthen the bonds of friendship)

and finally...

4) How many years do you have left to march? (if you want to experience both classes and have 5 years to march, might as well check out Open, on the other hand if this is your one shot, might as well rook-out in World)

You don't say if you've marched before. If you're new to the activity I'd strongly suggest a year or two in an Open class corps.

Someone needs to seriously jump-start the east coast music education system (with corps in mind as a real positive activity). You would think that with the Crusaders pretty much in FL and Spartans and Targets suffering (are they out for '09 at all??), Citations and 7th should be marching a full corps. There's no good reason why few kids around NE march...don't say it's the weather:) That's seriously another topic though, my bad for the digression.

Yeah, it probably is for another topic but, I'll put in two cents before I move on. New England is ripe with plenty of musicians, just nobody is marching, especially with the current situations of some of these troubled groups. I know that I chose not to march Boston because the camps were in FL, even after being offered a spot. I went to the camp that was actually in Boston... so why can't they just stay in Boston. [/personal gripe] Most people I know around here are going down to Cadets or not marching at all (which is a shame).

Ha, do you teach percussion or visual at 7th Regiment?

Improved, I am sure. The corps has been getting better the last few years.

Top 12 finalist? No.

In alphabetical order

Blue Devils B

Capital Regiment

Citations

Dutch Boy

Impulse (i they really, truly have 27 brass showing up)

Legends

Oregon Crusaders

Revolution

Raiders

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

Teal Sound

What used to be Memphis Sound

All I know is New England. Spartans are struggling to survive. Citations may be a bet, but I've heard they are pretty full from people I know in there. Being in the CT area, I've seen 7th Regiment a bit and they look much stronger, I'm betting finalist. Apparently that post that the news feed just did says they are still looking. Probably trying to fill out the larger brassline they just bought.

A lot of the younger talent in Connecticut today is going to the Hurcs. To my knowledge 7th Reg. is the only junior corps left in the state. With that said, if they keep going in the direction they seem to be going in things could be looking up. :smile:

Ha, do you teach percussion or visual at 7th Regiment?

Improved, I am sure. The corps has been getting better the last few years.

Top 12 finalist? No.

In alphabetical order

Blue Devils B

Capital Regiment

Citations

Dutch Boy

Impulse (i they really, truly have 27 brass showing up)

Legends

Oregon Crusaders

Revolution

Raiders

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

Teal Sound

What used to be Memphis Sound

Hey man, like I said, I'm pretty unfamiliar with everyone else outside of New England. Just because I'm around here doesn't mean I'm staffing them, just giving a little 'eastside love' to 7th and Citations, considering they are all I really have left to watch with a little Spartans thrown on the side (but who knows what that whole deal is.) While I'm respect your disagreements, this isn't a thread about your personal top 12, this is a thread about someone looking for places to march.

Ok so here is the thing I have been offered a horn line spot in a world class corp...but I kinda want to march open class...I'm in texas bari player and seeking top twelve open class spot...is it to late?

Cap. Reg. is indeed still looking for horn players.

You don't say if you've marched before. If you're new to the activity I'd strongly suggest a year or two in an Open class corps.
I agree 100% !