is it to late?

Ok so here is the thing I have been offered a horn line spot in a world class corp...but I kinda want to march open class...I'm in texas bari player and seeking top twelve open class spot...is it to late?

You where offered a spot on a WC corps? We would assume then that you tried out for said WC corps, how else would you been offered a spot? WC corps dont just call kids up and offer them spots out of the goodness for their hearts! Why would you try out then not want to march with them?

Now you wish to march OC? Call or Email the OC corps you wish to try out for and find out if they still have openings? As of a couple weeks ago, Cap. Reg. still had horn spots. Looks around and im sure you will find OC that should have an opening. Just dont delay, the sooner the better.

Ok so here is the thing I have been offered a horn line spot in a world class corp...but I kinda want to march open class...I'm in texas bari player and seeking top twelve open class spot...is it to late?

I am sure that you could still march either one at this pont. I know several WC corps have lower brass openings, and I imagine most OC corps would still be receptive to new members. Check out each corps' website, and maybe email their brass caption heads.

Actually the notion that WC corps don't call up people is false. Happened to me in 2005-2007, though I never marched because I already had other marching commitments.

I'd say check around to see what your options are. Is there a close by Open Class corps (Revo?) that you would like to march? Where is the World Class corps located? If you were to march an Open Class corps far away would it cost more money in travel than to just march with the World Class corps.

I mean, I'm of the belief that you should just do whatever you want to. There are reasons I marched with ECJ for three years when I easily could have moved up to Div. I. Just think of the pros/cons and see what the best deal is for you.

As far as it being too late, there might be 1 or 2 corps in the country in open class who have the members they want at this point, but I highly doubt it. Good luck finding a home.

Are you looking for an Open class corps close to your home? Just send them a message and ask! I bet they'd love to have you on board.

Depending on where in Texas you are at...you actually have two options.

1. Memphis Sound - 2007 Division 3 World Champion and 2008 Open Class Finalist is rehearsing in the Dallas Area.

2. Revolution - Perrenial Open Class Finalist...rehearses in the San Antonio....South Texas Area

Depending on where in Texas you are at...you actually have two options.

1. Memphis Sound - 2007 Division 3 World Champion and 2008 Open Class Finalist is rehearsing in the Dallas Area.

2. Revolution - Perrenial Open Class Finalist...rehearses in the San Antonio....South Texas Area

Aren't you forgetting Revo's Division 3 Championship win in 2002?

All I know is New England. Spartans are struggling to survive. Citations may be a bet, but I've heard they are pretty full from people I know in there. Being in the CT area, I've seen 7th Regiment a bit and they look much stronger, I'm betting finalist. Apparently that post that the news feed just did says they are still looking. Probably trying to fill out the larger brassline they just bought.

All I know is New England. Spartans are struggling to survive. Citations may be a bet, but I've heard they are pretty full from people I know in there. Being in the CT area, I've seen 7th Regiment a bit and they look much stronger, I'm betting finalist. Apparently that post that the news feed just did says they are still looking. Probably trying to fill out the larger brassline they just bought.

From what I know, Citations still need low brass.