Many Thanks to Empire

I cant wait for the show.

The statesmen ask for only one thing;

FOOD! :smile:

Having done a few of these shows myself, the food that these high schools give us is always yummy and filling. Good thing we have time after dinner to prep for the show, otherwise these winter shows would be pretty loogey, as David Bruni would say.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having done a few of these shows myself, the food that these high schools give us is always yummy and filling. Good thing we have time after dinner to prep for the show, otherwise these winter shows would be pretty loogey, as David Bruni would say.

You won't be disappointed... last time we had so much food that we fed the corps lunch the next day and STILL had leftovers.

See you all tomorrow! :smile:

Patrick

Empire has been doing this for many years. It brings some excitment to smaller communities and their school music/arts programs. The side benefits to Empire are early performance experience with new show stuff, and of course the possibilty of future recruitment of band members.

But the key benefit is that it truly is a win/win situation and it is Empire's way of staying involved in local communities, which was one of Mr. B's main objectives. Keeping youth involved and engaged.

I'm sure Vince is smiling down from above... proud that his legacy lives on!!! :smile:

Fran

Gordy hit the nail on the head with his last post. One of the pleasures I had with teaching Empire was working with Mr. B's whole philosophy. He was a true educator and always was looking at ways of lifting people up, making them better than they thought they could be. That included his staff.

The performances were his way of building up his corps and building up the schools.

I had a short time with him, but it was packed full of memories

Dave

I'm sure Vince is smiling down from above... proud that his legacy lives on!!! :smile:

Fran

In a way, I think he'd Nail Us for not having 8 Winter Shows on the schedule.

You won't be disappointed... last time we had so much food that we fed the corps lunch the next day and STILL had leftovers.

See you all tomorrow! :smile:

Patrick

Hey Patrick... Can't wait to see you and the whole Dundee gang tomorrow! I remember a few years ago and the entire town welcomed us with open arms.

Trucks are rolling at 8am!! Do you all have a Dunkin yet???

The show was a blast! I love the Dundee crowd. Our first standing ovation of the year.

Many Thanks to Patrick and the wonderful people of Dundee, we were treated wonderfully and fed well. On top of that we got our first standing O of the year.

Great close to a great weekend

Bari K

It was a great weekend... you were all amazing :beer:

It was a wonderful to meet all of the new faces in the corps, and see a bunch of old friends. Dundee will always embrace Empire with open arms, open ears, and standing O's!

Come back soon! :smile:

Patrick

Edited by Patrick_D

Bari K

"Bari K" hah I love it!

What an amazing camp and show! Many thanks to the town of Dundee for their outstanding support of our corps. It was a blast playing for you!