St. Kevins = WOW!

Hey Ray-

Actually we do CARE a lot about people' opinions. Many of the choices and changes we have made have been made at the suggestion of a person or persons.

Man did the Royal Aires do some stuff.

BTW- I absolutely agree with your divided drum corps theory.

Flabo

The correct spelling for the Chicago "Big Blue" is ROYAL-AIRS without the "e".

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....so I had a chance to catch St. Kevins tonight at the Buglers Hall of Fame North American Championships in Bridgeport Ct. All I have to say is.....

WOW!!!!!

Now.....I have to be totally honest.....and to the members of St. Kevins.......please forgive me for this....(I think I can say this, and you can give me a bye since I helped your mini corps out in 2006....).....

I have never really been a huge fan of St. Kevins. I did appreciate what you were trying to accomplish. I made some good friends along the way since 2006. But.....I was not a fan of what you played, or how you played it.

Tonight was a TOTALLY different story! I have to tell you guys........you REALLY changed my mind tonight. I think you guys were on some kind of mission. The raw emotion that was coming from those horns, the incredible accuracies of some of those very difficult rythyms, and the pure enjoyment I had as I listened too you play, made me a new fan of SKEK. I could actually sit there and listen to you all night. I wish I could have been around back in the 60's. Because if this is any indication of what you did back then, then every accolade you had....then, now and in the future is well deserved. THIS is the way drum corps should be! :whistle:

Oh.....and one more thing.......Frank (Buzzy) Bergdoll should be enshrined in the Library of Congress!!!! He is my new hero! His arrangements were the best I have heard from St. Kevins, and his solo work was even better. He IS a GOD!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I can't wait to see you guys again!!!!!

All my best to you SKEK!!!! A job VERY well done!!! :thumbup:

Frank--From another "new" member of St Kevin's--I thank you for your review of our show! And also thank everybody else for their responses!

I joined in late Jan. of this year after being away from drum corps for 37 years ( former member of New Bedford Whalers) and am now trying to figure out how I was able to stay away for so long! I haven't come down from the high I was on in Bridgeport (and no, it was not from the ONE beer that I had)

The members of St. Kevin's are great, and will bend over backwards to help us new-bees. As far as Buzzy-well -you said it all, and thanks again. The man is amazing, and we are very fortunate to have him.

Thrilled To Be Back!;

Danny

Frank--From another "new" member of St Kevin's--I thank you for your review of our show! And also thank everybody else for their responses!

I joined in late Jan. of this year after being away from drum corps for 37 years ( former member of New Bedford Whalers) and am now trying to figure out how I was able to stay away for so long! I haven't come down from the high I was on in Bridgeport (and no, it was not from the ONE beer that I had)

The members of St. Kevin's are great, and will bend over backwards to help us new-bees. As far as Buzzy-well -you said it all, and thanks again. The man is amazing, and we are very fortunate to have him.

Thrilled To Be Back!;

Danny

Hey Dan ,

Doesn't seem like 37 years since we marched together. Man ,was that fun at the BHOF show or what ? Looking forward to the big GAS. now. The Yankee Rebs really know how to throw a party. Tune up your singing voice too !

Mike D.

Thrilled To Be Back!;

Danny

Hey Dan ,

Doesn't seem like 37 years since we marched together. Man ,was that fun at the BHOF show or what ? Looking forward to the big GAS. now. The Yankee Rebs really know how to throw a party. Tune up your singing voice too !

Mike D.

Singing voice?? Hmmmm--- been 37 yrs since my chorus days also........You're the one responsible for my return to the drum corps. world, but I think I'll pass on that one. Looking forward to GAS though!!!! Leaving for practice shortly------ Danny

Hey Ray-

Actually we do CARE a lot about people' opinions. Many of the choices and changes we have made have been made at the suggestion of a person or persons.

Man did the Royal Aires do some stuff.

BTW- I absolutely agree with your divided drum corps theory.

Flabo

Flabo,

I've been so removed from the scene up here I didn't know you were playing at St. K's. That explains why theyre doing so well. Glad you're getting to enjoy the ride. You've made a couple of pretty interesting trips up the Alumni success ladder now. Maybe you should write a book on how to make it work!!!

Enjoy it. Say hi to Steve for me if he's still blowing the baritone there.

Im very glad to hear St Kevins is doing well. It is not out of sight out of mind for sure. We all feel encouraged when others do well. I was sorry about the Light Brigade being a 27 alum. I know Defenders and Legends and BAC are all active up thereabouts. We will see you in Plymouth this year. Keep on striving.

Im very glad to hear St Kevins is doing well. It is not out of sight out of mind for sure. We all feel encouraged when others do well. I was sorry about the Light Brigade being a 27 alum. I know Defenders and Legends and BAC are all active up thereabouts. We will see you in Plymouth this year. Keep on striving.

Thanks we are going very well, and had a hugh increase in our corps this year. We are currently getting ready for the GAS show at the end of the month. Each week we are getting better, the new members are blending in and learning the parts, so by PLymouth we be GREAT!

Plymouth is going to really rock this year.... Think they may have to extend the show a little!

Last year being the first year since 1982 that I had played in a Drum Corp was awesome, this year performing with Defenders, Kevins and the Legends has been mind blowing.. though a bit tiring. All of these groups, and just the entire DCA/MCA/ or Alumni Corp activity itself is great to see still going and maybe growing a bit.

It was sad to see the Light Brigade go. They went out with a big bang though.

OK.....so I had a chance to catch St. Kevins tonight at the Buglers Hall of Fame North American Championships in Bridgeport Ct. All I have to say is.....

WOW!!!!!

Now.....I have to be totally honest.....and to the members of St. Kevins.......please forgive me for this....(I think I can say this, and you can give me a bye since I helped your mini corps out in 2006....).....

I have never really been a huge fan of St. Kevins. I did appreciate what you were trying to accomplish. I made some good friends along the way since 2006. But.....I was not a fan of what you played, or how you played it.

Tonight was a TOTALLY different story! I have to tell you guys........you REALLY changed my mind tonight. I think you guys were on some kind of mission. The raw emotion that was coming from those horns, the incredible accuracies of some of those very difficult rythyms, and the pure enjoyment I had as I listened too you play, made me a new fan of SKEK. I could actually sit there and listen to you all night. I wish I could have been around back in the 60's. Because if this is any indication of what you did back then, then every accolade you had....then, now and in the future is well deserved. THIS is the way drum corps should be! :devil:

Oh.....and one more thing.......Frank (Buzzy) Bergdoll should be enshrined in the Library of Congress!!!! He is my new hero! His arrangements were the best I have heard from St. Kevins, and his solo work was even better. He IS a GOD!!!!!! :mad::mad::mat:

I can't wait to see you guys again!!!!!

All my best to you SKEK!!!! A job VERY well done!!! :soapbox:

Frank I can use your comments in our April Kevins newsletter.