WGI Judging

At the risk of making the DCP censors angry, does anyone have an opinion about the judging at WGI?

There seemed to be a lot of suspect decisions, many more than previous seasons.

Comments, anyone?

It's the " D " list of judging..what would one expect...just look at what they consider superior.....unbelieveable

Hey Russian Spy - Sorry that Salem Blue didn't win this year, but getting the silver medal is something that a lot of other people competing this weekend didn't get to experience and they should be very proud!

Congrats and let's not try to pin this on a conspiracy!

At the risk of making the DCP censors angry, does anyone have an opinion about the judging at WGI?

There seemed to be a lot of suspect decisions, many more than previous seasons.

Comments, anyone?

I don't usually knock on judges, but one thing that kinda disappointed me was U of Louisiana's semi score.

Seeing it the first time, I guessed that they were unfortunate enough to get in a low-scoring round and had one judge knock them. Unfortunately, that seemed to be the case. Don't get me wrong, I love C Clayton. She's given some excellent commentary. But did UL really deserve the lowest excellence score in movement in IA this weekend? That score really set them back. Enough to see them miss finals.

Congrats to UL on a great season, and staying at the top of IA class all season is quite an accomplishment. I hope they come back next year even better.

I don't usually knock on judges, but one thing that kinda disappointed me was U of Louisiana's semi score.

I've been in the business long enough to learn that sometimes judges will make unusual choices. UoL has had an amazing year. Look forward to seeing them again next year.

WGI and TCGC judging quality should definatley be addressed before next season.. Just saying...

Instead of spending time whining about being judged poorly, why don't we all go outside and practice! That way, the judges can't help but give you a good score because you're so good!! :worthy:

...Just saying....