SA to SO

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if you placed in the Top 15 in SA....rule voted in last year...top 15 of Scholastic A move up to Open, top 10 of IA move up, top 5 of SO and IO move up. I guess that tells you are ready even if you are not.

Or if you placed in the Top 15 in SA....rule voted in last year...top 15 of Scholastic A move up to Open, top 10 of IA move up, top 5 of SO and IO move up. I guess that tells you are ready even if you are not.

Top 15 guards in SA overall or just in your region?

If youre director chose to move up to Open Class from A, thats allowed right?

Yes, you can enter any class you feel is right for your team. Moving up is usually not an issue, sometimes local circuits don't care when groups move down. Not sure how WGI feels, but I don't think they can really tell you what class to be in, just need to follow the age rules.

I've heard there's yet again talk of people requesting a rules change to lift age restrictions on all Independent guards, and/or or possibly creating a "collegiate" classification because many people feel that collegiate groups don't face the same financial difficulties that other independent guards do since they have access to rehearsal facilities and funding from the schools (in terms of being allocated money if they are an official "group" or "class" at the university).

Anyone else heard this type of thing being passed around at Dayton?

I've heard there's yet again talk of people requesting a rules change to lift age restrictions on all Independent guards, and/or or possibly creating a "collegiate" classification because many people feel that collegiate groups don't face the same financial difficulties that other independent guards do since they have access to rehearsal facilities and funding from the schools (in terms of being allocated money if they are an official "group" or "class" at the university).

Anyone else heard this type of thing being passed around at Dayton?

What are the age limitations for an independent guard? I know that there is an Independent A guard in the texas circuit with freshmen and junior high kids on it.. Isnt junior high supposed to be cadet?

What are the age limitations for an independent guard? I know that there is an Independent A guard in the texas circuit with freshmen and junior high kids on it.. Isnt junior high supposed to be cadet?

I was referring to Independent groups. There are no age restrictions for Ind World groups, A and Open, I believe, the max age is 22. No lowers limits for the young end of things, cadet does not equate to junior high. IMO it is just a term to mean the feeder group to an older performing unit.