For everyone complaining about judges

Please join your local judges association and go through the certification process to become a judge. Then go through the WGI certification process and become a WGI judge.

Once everyone who complains about judges has taken over the role everything will be perfect and everyone will always agree with the results of each contest.

Please join your local judges association and go through the certification process to become a judge. Then go through the WGI certification process and become a WGI judge.

Once everyone who complains about judges has taken over the role everything will be perfect and everyone will always agree with the results of each contest.

One thing I always wish I could reply to every rant about judges - no one rants when they (or the corps/guard they love) win. If you sign on the dotted line to participate in the activity, you accept the way it's adjudicated. there can be no winners without groups/individuals who do not win. If we accept the thrill of victory, we'd better have the fortitude for the agony of defeat, or the activity (at least the competitive aspect) is meaningless.

The day I hear someone say - "we should never have won that championship - take back the trophy and the prize money" - is the day I'll listen to that group's arguments about the judging.

Actually, I have gone through three different circuits judge's training--in equipment and ensemble analysis to be specific. I still see a lot of inconsistency between how we are told to judge and the actual judging going on.

I also get mad when we do well and guards around us who seem to be competitive against us are getting dumped in score. so I have to counter both your arguments that all the complaining is a result of "sour grapes". I actually complained to one circuit where our (at the time a scholastic) group was beating everyone soundly throughout the season-- either promote us to be fair to these other groups, or bring the scores up for the competitors.

There are legitimate concerns being voiced by people who are judges, are trained to judge, are very experienced in the activity, and who are confused about the way judging was working this past year.

BTW-- our guard did not go to Dayton, and I have huge questions in my mind about the rankings and ratings I saw there.

Edited by ATXguard