Guess who I was talking to at work today?

Russ Epps left his bartending job at Georges about 6 months ago after working there for about 30 years. But don't let that stop you from cruising to Racine and having a drink at Georges. Former Kiltie Dave Popoff still owns and operates the place. When you come, call the funeral home, and call me, too. I'm always up for a beer and a few drum corps stories. :tongue:

can we crash on your floor after the partying? LOL miss ya JC....pb

Russ Epps left his bartending job at Georges about 6 months ago after working there for about 30 years. But don't let that stop you from cruising to Racine and having a drink at Georges. Former Kiltie Dave Popoff still owns and operates the place. When you come, call the funeral home, and call me, too. I'm always up for a beer and a few drum corps stories. :tongue:

Dave's a really great guy. I had the pleasure of marching next to him in the company front in Syne during the 1970 season. Back then he was 16, I think, and he was a horse - about as tall as he is now. At 5'9", I had to really lift that left elbow above my shoulder to make contact with his!

By the way, he was the sop soloist in 1969 for that little lick in "Yes, Indeed" as a 15 year old.

Dave's a really great guy. I had the pleasure of marching next to him in the company front in Syne during the 1970 season. Back then he was 16, I think, and he was a horse - about as tall as he is now. At 5'9", I had to really lift that left elbow above my shoulder to make contact with his!

This just reminds me of my 1972 season with Garfield. I played baritone that year, 3rd to be exact, and I marched next to a new kid..all of 13 years old. I swear that Bobby Hoffman paired him up with me as a joke because I am 6'3" (and ...er..."husky" :thumbup: ) and this little guy was 5'2" or something...a lot of our drill was in these little pods of two horns and a guard person, so we looked pretty funny standing next to each other.