The OFFICIAL 2009 Phantom Regiment Thread

On another note..... I expect there will be lots of "enhancements" made to the Regiment's show this coming week.... they'll be housed in one spot most of the week with little travel and only two shows - i.e. lots of rehearsal time. :thumbup:

That's what I like to hear!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps: On the way to South Beloit, Illinois where we will be all week. Lots of changes in store as well as the show on Tuesday in Dubuque this week.

Treuman's Travels Update: http://regiment.org/memoirs_display.cfm?ID...mp;MemoirPull=9

good to hear :blink: cant wait to see it

I took 40 big, individual bottles of icy cold Powerade (and ice) to the guard yesterday afternoon. Once word spread that there was "Color Guard Love" available, they came flocking to my coolers. They seemed to really appreciate it.

Oh yes! Anything flavored, cold, and not from the tap of the food truck was the highlight of my day. Heck, even if it wasn't cold... during one week of glorious philanthropy, my seat partner and I squirreled away at least two dozen bottles of Powerade under the seat, and got into involved discussions about the best color, the qualities of shaken vs. unshaken, the ideal temperature (which varied: after rehearsal? or at 1am on the powerfully air conditioned bus?), and of course, whether Powerade or Gatorade was best.

Outside of tour, I thought about drum corps. During tour, I thought about food. That was just the nature of things.

Just for reference..... on July 1, 2008, Regiment had the 6th highest score in the country....behind BD, Vanguard, Cavaliers, Cadets & Crown..... and their score was 5.5 points behind the leader (BD).

I don't have the time to do this right now, but once upon I time I looked up the top corps first score and final score and noted the difference.

Most top corps improve by about 20-22 points per season.

Phaontom ussually had the biggest jump of about 23-25 points per season.

There are some exceptions for example 05 Cadets had a very low first score that season but ended up (tied with Cavaliers) for an all time hight score finals night.

So at this early point in the season you can't count out any of the top corps, including Phantom.

P.S.

IF I have time Thursday maybe I'll redo some of that and post it.

thanks MN_DCI_fan!!! it's terribly hard to keep updated and be at the pool or on the lake at the same time. :thumbup:

As I have no pool or lake to spend time at.......

Here are the latest Treuman's Travels installments. There's quite a few of them. And by the way, they've added an RSS feed of the page. So if you use RSS, it's a great way to stay up-to-date with the corps.

Monday, June 22

Tuesday, June 23

Wednesday, June 24

Thursday, June 25

Friday, June 26

Saturday, June 27