Double Mellophones

JoeW

When marched euphoium, fund myself always searching with my pinky for a fourth valve (no need for an F rotor)

As far as a double mello, i don't think it would work that well after all, the mellophone is just a bastardized trumpet (soprano) A double marching french horn might be feasable.

yes....being a trombonist i wouold love to have a trigger on my marching bari or euph......hmm......ill let Yamaha and UMI know abou this ^0^

Every member of the Cavaliers mello line is a horn player in "real life"...gives the horn a deeper, more characteristic tone...trying to emulate a concert horn as best as possible...

Are you positive about this? I know one of the mellos in this year's line (plus, he's a two or three year vet) and he's most certainly a trumpet player. You must've gotten some misinformation.

Are you positive about this? I know one of the mellos in this year's line (plus, he's a two or three year vet) and he's most certainly a trumpet player. You must've gotten some misinformation.

As far as I understand it, there may be only one or two trumpet players that play mello left over from when the old brass staff was at the Cavaliers. AFAIK, the new brass staff will only allow french horn players in the line.

When marched euphoium, fund myself always searching with my pinky for a fourth valve (no need for an F rotor)

As far as a double mello, i don't think it would work that well after all, the mellophone is just a bastardized trumpet (soprano) A double marching french horn might be feasable.

I never had as many "tuning" issues with my three-valve kanstul french horn as I have with the mello. There's a lot of hairy notes that the "tune every note" feature comes in handy. Or some alternative fingers ( like both for E at the top of the staff rather than open. especially on sustained notes).