Upstate NY Ensemble Group

Dan, Please put this up on DCP

in the All Age Discussion section

Thanks,

Jay

============================================== Here is Jay's message:

Hi,

My Name is Jay McBride and I am in the process of putting a Brass Ensemble together that will perform at The 2009 DCA I&E Contest in Rochester, N.Y.. This event will be held on September 4th and promises to be an opportunity to participate in a contest of the highest caliber. I want you to know up front that we are independant not connected to any

Drum Corps. Some of our current members march with groups like , The Hawthorne Caballeros (Contest Corps), The Rochester Crusaders, The New York Skyliners , and The West Shoremen (Alumni Corps). The one purpose of this group is to put a piece together for performance in The I&E Show. We are in need of a few key players to accomplish our goal. If you play Soprano or Baritone we would like to talk to you about joining us in our efforts. It will be fun and also give you a chance to spread your musical wings a bit. Wouldn't it be fun to be a part of the action on DCA Weekend. Well, this is a way to meet that goal.

Our next rehearsal is on Thursday April 16th at The Waterford-HalfMoon School (125 Middletown Rd, Waterford, N.Y.)

We practice from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. I will leave driving directions below. If you have any interest in playing with a group that sounds good and will score well at such an event, please contact me , either by e mail jmcbrid5@nycap.rr.com or by phone (518) 862-9606.

Directions:

90 East to Albany to 87 North

Take I-87 to exit 8A.

Now take Grooms Rd east, toward Halfmoon.

(If you’re going South on 87, turn left on Grooms; if you’re coming north, turn right on Grooms.)

Cross Rt 9, and you’re now on Guideboard Rd.

Continue straight, will become Middletown Rd.

School will be on your left.

Thanks,

Jay McBride

Edited by skybusmgr

bump

Rump

Yoooooooooooooo Bobby.....

See you Thurs?

Thanks,

Jay

Hi,

My Name is Jay McBride and I am in the process of putting a Brass Ensemble together that will perform at The 2009 DCA I&E Contest in Rochester, N.Y.. This event will be held on September 4th and promises to be an opportunity to participate in a contest of the highest caliber.

Jay McBride

Question?

How would this be different from Capital Brass already in the Albany area?

Question?

How would this be different from Capital Brass already in the Albany area?

I invited these guys to participate with us. They want to do their own thing.

Bunch of nice people and good players involved. I'm sure they'll do well.

I wish them the best! :tongue:

Edited by brassomaniac

I don't quite understand the question or concern.

Explain it to me.

----------

Tom did offer us the opportunity to play with CB.

That would be left up to the individual players, who by the way, already have a pretty full plate.

We are talking 1 number for I and E -- not an entire book or minicorps show.

Hope this clears up the confusion/concern.

Dan

I don't quite understand the question or concern.

Explain it to me.

----------

Tom did offer us the opportunity to play with CB.

That would be left up to the individual players, who by the way, already have a pretty full plate.

We are talking 1 number for I and E -- not an entire book or minicorps show.

Hope this clears up the confusion/concern.

Dan

OH, I see now. Thanks for the Reply. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks,

Jay

Hi,

My Name is Jay McBride and I am in the process of putting a Brass Ensemble together that will perform at The 2009 DCA I&E Contest in Rochester, N.Y.. This event will be held on September 4th and promises to be an opportunity to participate in a contest of the highest caliber. I want you to know up front that we are independant not connected to any

Drum Corps. Some of our current members march with groups like , The Hawthorne Caballeros (Contest Corps), The Rochester Crusaders, The New York Skyliners , and The West Shoremen (Alumni Corps). The one purpose of this group is to put a piece together for performance in The I&E Show. We are in need of a few key players to accomplish our goal. If you play Soprano or Baritone we would like to talk to you about joining us in our efforts. It will be fun and also give you a chance to spread your musical wings a bit. Wouldn't it be fun to be a part of the action on DCA Weekend. Well, this is a way to meet that goal.

Our next rehearsal is on Thursday April 16th at The Waterford-HalfMoon School (125 Middletown Rd, Waterford, N.Y.)

We practice from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. I will leave driving directions below. If you have any interest in playing with a group that sounds good and will score well at such an event, please contact me , either by e mail jmcbrid5@nycap.rr.com or by phone (518) 862-9606.

Directions:

90 East to Albany to 87 North

Take I-87 to exit 8A.

Now take Grooms Rd east, toward Halfmoon.

(If you’re going South on 87, turn left on Grooms; if you’re coming north, turn right on Grooms.)

Cross Rt 9, and you’re now on Guideboard Rd.

Continue straight, will become Middletown Rd.

School will be on your left.

Thanks,

Jay McBride

BUMP