OLPH Ridgemen 95th anniversary!

Will the Ridgemen Alumni be performing on Sunday at the reunion?

Edited by MaxOut1973

Any online info about OLPH anywhere??? After reading the few bits and pieces of history about pre-WWII corps it's always good to find more.

Great to hear about a celebration of 95 years, :thumbdown: Lancers have their 90th next year.

Best of luck Sunday ~ this OLA girl wishes she could be there for the parade!

Best of luck Sunday ~ this OLA girl wishes she could be there for the parade!

Well I am sure you will be there with Big Blue in spirit Liz...thanks for your support!!!

Come celebrate with us on MAY 17TH from 3 PM to 7 PM following the annual NORWEGIAN DAY PARADE in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. We will be honoring the 1961 RIDGEMEN members, our first competitive marching drum corps. Also in attendance will be our beloved director Father Dick Skarbek.

Bobby Steinhilber

Hey Steiny ... congrats to OLPH on their 95th! ... I was at the GNYC Championship show in 1961 at the Jamaica Armory when the Ridgemen were judged to "qualify" for circuit shows in 62 ... man ... long time ago ... Lourdes, St. Raphael's, Blue Rock, Bronx Kingsmen and a slew of other corps ... and ... a GREAT exhibition by the Queensmen ... what a night ... were you there? ... you must have been a toddler if you were ... LOL ...

Andy "rememberin' 1961" Lisko

Hey Steiny ... congrats to OLPH on their 95th! ... I was at the GNYC Championship show in 1961 at the Jamaica Armory when the Ridgemen were judged to "qualify" for circuit shows in 62 ... man ... long time ago ... Lourdes, St. Raphael's, Blue Rock, Bronx Kingsmen and a slew of other corps ... and ... a GREAT exhibition by the Queensmen ... what a night ... were you there? ... you must have been a toddler if you were ... LOL ...

Andy "rememberin' 1961" Lisko

1961...man that was a long time ago...but thanks for sharing that Andy

On behalf of the Selden Cadets Alumni.....Congrats to OLPH RIDGEMEN..... :tongue:

These times are tough for the drum corps activity, so it is a tribute to all of us that your corps is in its 95th year....We salute all of the "RIDGEMEN". :crazy:

Bob,

Congratulations and good luck with the reunion, from a member of the Corps from the next parish over, OLA Blue Angels. Wish I could stop by for the festivities, but due to a previous commitment, covering for you, I will not be able to attend.

Hope all goes well with the reunion and for the future of the Alumni Corps.

BUMP