IW guards returning for 2010

When it was announced last year that Pride of Cincinnati and Fantasia wouldn't be coming out for the 2009 season, both groups seemed to think that they would be back returning to competition in 2010.

Is this still the case...??? Will we again be seeing these AMAZING ensembles next season...???

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...!!!

:tongue:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this time both are planning a return. :tongue:

Finally...!!!

We have good news coming from the stratosphere of IW...!!!

Can't wait to see both of these groups in action again.

:thumbup:

Although, didn't quite a few of Fantasia's members perform with Diamante this year...???

I wonder if all of those people will automatically return to Fantasia or if some of them might decide to stay with Diamante.

• 2 weeks later...

regarding fantasia,mike mcmurry aka mykail costner is highly instrumental in the design choices at fantasia and he has been for many years.he is assisted and supported by a super talented cast that make-up the staff and although not confirmed it's likely that designer extaordinaire and mt. dew spokesperson jay murphy will be involved in some capacity. :tongue:

btw,select members and staff of the beatific fantasia color guard will be presenting a color guard workshop tues may 19th from 6-10 p.m. at the wheelock gym at riverside community college.the price?a paltry 5 bucks! :tongue:

Edited by dugg

recent updates at fantasia indicate that mykail costner may be out due to irreconcilable differences with director gary locke and jay murphy may be collaborating with the venerable johnny escalante. :tongue:

at this time word is mykail costner may be entertaing the possiblity of starting his own guard. :tongue:

Edited by dugg

recent updates at fantasia indicate that mykail costner may be out due to irreconcilable differences with director gary locke and jay murphy may be replaced with the venerable johnny escalante. :tongue:

at this time word is mykail costner may be entertaing the possiblity of starting his own guard. :tongue:

I really don't see Fantasia being Fantasia without Karl Lowe. Other than SCV, I see Diamante being the next BIG California guard.

karl lowe was indeed a huge part of the identity that was fantasia and that's a hard act to follow for anyone.

i understand we will see part three of "the kiss" from santa clara next winter guard season!

talk about a great divide:relative to the santa clara's winter guard..... many of you may remember the main male character in their show last year,my source tells me he has jumped ship and is now performing in the cavaliers drum corps this season,apparently someone at the cavies made him an offer he couldn't refu$e! :tongue: