IW guards returning for 2010

I understand we will see part three of "The Kiss" from Santa Clara next winter guard season!

Part III of 'The Kiss,' eh...???

Hmmm...

What's this one going to be called, 'Kiss My A--"...???

Ba dump bump.

(Sorry. That was just TOO obvious. I couldn't resist. Forgive me, for I am weak and backsliding...)

:tongue:

Both of SCVs previous 'kiss' productions were sophisticated, beautiful and memorable. So, I see no reason why a third movement would be any less successful.

And based on their '09 show, there is sort of a logical Third Act to the story line.

The first act was passionate and romantic. The second act was bittersweet, if not at times emotionally painful.

So, I could see an Act Three dealing with 'the kiss' that happens after the heart has been tamed and 'true love' is allowed to flourish. You know, all of that "love of a lifetime" stuff.

That's just one idea, of course. There's 5,000 ways that an Act III could be developed.

:xmas::rock:

Can't wait to see how the SCV creative team pulls everything together for '10...!!!

:xmas::tongue::xmas:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it, has any guard ever created a three-season story line like this...???

I can remember several two-part productions, of course.

But I can't immediately recall a "trilogy" of shows being presented in the way that Santa Clara is presenting their 'kiss' concept.

Am I forgetting some really obvious examples or is this the first time that we've seen a tri-fecta like this...???

Anyone with a long-term memory better than mine is welcome to add their knowledge to the discussion.

i understand we will see part three of "the kiss" from santa clara next winter guard season!

If SCV is indeed doing a part three, my guess is that they'll continue to use the music of Damien Rice to complete the trifecta. Damien's music is fantastic. Now, based on how this storyline is playing out, I'm going to make a prediction (based on nothing) that they will use either 'I Remember' or 'Elephant' as the music to tell the 3rd party of the story as both pieces are 'reflective' on relationships. With that said, don't hope for a happy ending as all of damien's music is gut wrenching and painfully sad...

Google 'I remember' and 'elephant' both by damien rice and you can see how this would be a perfect fit for part 3.

If they do try to go for a happier-disney-esque ending, it'll probably not be a piece by damien rice.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I'm secretly hoping that the soundtrack for The Kiss: Act III" will be, drum roll, please, the music of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, better known as KISS.

"Livin' in Sin at The Holiday Inn," anyone...???

Are there any rumors of NEW world class guards coming out next year?

I hope so. I love the idea of a new guard coming from out of nowhere and doing well. Last's years "new world guard" became Crown Guard and that was a big disappointment. I think Adam Sage has lost his mojo.

recent updates at fantasia.......at this time word is mykail costner may be entertaing the possiblity of starting his own guard. :worthy:

from the "for what it's worth" dept. regarding new guards on the horizon........not sure if it will happen or which class they may debut in.

Edited by dugg

Part III of 'The Kiss,' eh...???

Hmmm...

The first act was passionate and romantic. The second act was bittersweet, if not at times emotionally painful.

So 2008 was "The Dating Game," 2009 was "The Newlywed Game," and 2010 can be "Divorce Court." That works for me.