IW guards returning for 2010

Just Curious.....but wasn`t Premonition part of the splinter group when Media split in two? They had such a great run last year with that their talented members I can`t wait to see them this year !! Best of luck :)

I think it was something like that, I heard they had over 40 at auditions!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember hearing that some of the staff/members of Premonition used to be involved with the original incarnation of MEDEA that placed very well in IO a few seasons ago, back when the group was primarily associated with Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.

But I know that the original MEDEA program took a year or two off before reappearing last year (or was it the year before, maybe?).

I'm not sure how much cross-over there might be now between the two organizations.

But it's definitely encouraging - and exciting - to know that South Florida has been and remains a productive region for developing terrific Independent-level indoor guard programs of all types.

Good luck in the upcoming season, everyone...!!!

:)

in the ever-changing,mezmerizing,kaleidoscopic psychotropic world of winter guard here are a few updates..........

RCC formerly fantasia will have jay murphy staging and johnny escalante collaborating.also assisting with day to day will be assorted fantasia alumni.reports are that turnouts for auditions were lackluster. :thumbup:

Still Fantasia, which has always been a part of the RCC group of pageantry performance groups.

Cast list has just been posted as well as a tentative performance schedule. Staff is also set and bios can be seen on the website as well.

rccband.org

thanks for the update eddie. :devil:

i always suspected dayton ohio was a part of the bermuda triangle now reportedly diamante will have the chance to prove it with this years program a telling tribute to the titillating triad[i bet they have a triangle on their floor,costumes and or flags]. :devil:

scary sexy vampires are all the rage and allegedly black gold is seizing the moment to present a show about these siphoning sorcerers of suction.perhaps they will have fake fangs and frightening colored contact lenses[i'm prepared to throw garlic]! :tongue:

and lastly SAC as in "rock with" and "blessed" have designed a soundtrack fittingly using the music from the lurching costume drama and chic-flick "atonement"! :blink:

Edited by dugg

I think I remember hearing that some of the staff/members of Premonition used to be involved with the original incarnation of MEDEA that placed very well in IO a few seasons ago, back when the group was primarily associated with Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.

But I know that the original MEDEA program took a year or two off before reappearing last year (or was it the year before, maybe?).

I'm not sure how much cross-over there might be now between the two organizations.

But it's definitely encouraging - and exciting - to know that South Florida has been and remains a productive region for developing terrific Independent-level indoor guard programs of all types.

Good luck in the upcoming season, everyone...!!!

:)

Ugly break uup there . One could say a tad shady also :tongue:

as if that weren't enough.... :devil:

reports are in from crown winter guard.look for an emotional,moving program and period piece set in the 1930's.

conceptualy working their way from the present backwards chronologically and into another era through the use of choreography,color and movement,blending present into past and utilizing a perfomance surface reflective of the passing of time.this show seeks to ask the hypothetical question "if you could go back into the past and experiece a moment all over again what would you do"? :blink:

and speaking of time ........from the dept of 3/4 time :devil: try to guess which popular east coast guard is using a waltz this season?

lastly highly reliable sources from the sunshine state report that a well known and beloved guard may be presenting a sexy version of le petit chaperon rouge! :tongue:

Edited by dugg

• 1 month later...

here's a hannukuh gift and a few stocking stuffers for the children.......

lets start trimming tree with gold as in gold medalist SCV,i had reported earlier that there was talk of them not coming out this season however thankfully they have a very talented guard once again and are excited to be taking things in a new and different direction.

at this time they are working out the copyright issues for their soundtrack and are debuting this years production at the california evaluation showcase on 1/9/10! :doh:

one of santas favorite little elves reported that NEI aka northeast independent will perform to a manipulated version of the very beautiful "gravity" by sara barielles. :santa:

spin the dreidel to michael shapiro's "mayflower" from across the pond.they are presenting their interpretation of "my funny valentine" by over the rhine and if my guess is correct i bet we can look forward to seeing a program in the style and approach of the late great corona. :doh:

the jolly mr. lentz and onyx are presenting a full ensemble and will use a challenging piece of music featuring the lead vocalist from sigur ros.the soundtrack has little or no disernable tempo much in the style of charles ives unaswered question ala avon a few years ago. :doh:

WWJD?it's been a hard candy christmas from the catchtape mafia at pride....they have made me an offer i can't refuse.....no discussing their program[although they did perform the first 45 seconds or so of their show for the tri states judges last week]!!!!and after last years horse head in my bed i'm inclined to comply! :thumbup:

wonder who's ganna be naughty and who's gonna be nice? :doh:

happy holidaze! :santa:

Edited by dugg

Thanks for that holiday helpings double dish. . it was yummy! :-)

I'm really excited to hear about all the shows, but I'm not sure if I can sit through yet another 'my funny valentine' show. . I mean seriously. I love Over The Rhine, perhaps mayflower should have swapped out MFV for Over The Rhine's fantastic tune 'Ohio' :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-c7ir1K_1Q

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay