Last Call to Fill Drill Spots

Moving into May means getting the last of our drill onto the field for 2009. With the school year winding down and everyone's focus turning to plans for the summer months, there is still time to fill a few drill spots in the GCS line before they are closed.

We've still got openings for sops, a snare or two, in the pit, and the guard.

We'll be taking our 2009 production of "Texas Suite: a sonic exploration of the history of Texas" to Austin, Atlanta, Nashville, and Rochester. Locally, we will be at the Houston DCI show and will be presenting the fourth Brass on the Bayou.

So, hop off the fence and send us a note through our website www.gulfcoastsound.org, or drop me a PM. Our next camp is May 2-3 at our home field at Rittenhouse Baptist Church in North Houston.

Moving into May means getting the last of our drill onto the field for 2009. With the school year winding down and everyone's focus turning to plans for the summer months, there is still time to fill a few drill spots in the GCS line before they are closed.

We've still got openings for sops, a snare or two, in the pit, and the guard.

We'll be taking our 2009 production of "Texas Suite: a sonic exploration of the history of Texas" to Austin, Atlanta, Nashville, and Rochester. Locally, we will be at the Houston DCI show and will be presenting the fourth Brass on the Bayou.

So, hop off the fence and send us a note through our website www.gulfcoastsound.org, or drop me a PM. Our next camp is May 2-3 at our home field at Rittenhouse Baptist Church in North Houston.

Ditto here to the Bridgemen have finished our drill this weekend. Think we have one SOP and one Bari still open. If you want a blast of a season give us a shout.

Hey guys. Hope everyone is having a productive and fun "off" season. I've never worked as hard during the "off" season as we have this year.

GCS has all of the music and most of the drill written. It will all be on the field before the end of May which will give us an entire month of cleaning before the first show. But I do need some help from you. We need to fill out the following positions:

1 Sop

1 bari

1 Euph to fill out our horn line

We need 2 snares and 1 bass drum to fill out our battery

We need front ensemble players for the pit. Any specialty is fine

We need at least 2 guard to hit our number but will be more than happy to put as many as would like to come out to good use.

This is going to be a very special show this year. Hope you all enjoy the show. :worthy::smile:

In case it got by you, check out the "Special Guests" in the flyer below. Playing for a former First Lady and the Mayor of the fourth largest city in the U.S. is what we call connecting with the local community.

We have a gig on Saturday-----short parade and a concert, playing the full show!

Travis-ES-Centenial.jpg

In case it got by you, check out the "Special Guests" in the flyer below. Playing for a former First Lady and the Mayor of the fourth largest city in the U.S. is what we call connecting with the local community.

The parade was fun! I turned 4 shades darker during the stand still concert in the sun, but it was a great experience performing for the Mayor of Houston and a former First Lady.

Sectionals early Sat. morning.. parade at noon.. stand still concert afternoon... drill rehearsal in the evening... Sunday... drill rehearsal in the afternoon.. (depart from Houston back to New Orleans)... sectionals in the evening..

I love this time of year!!! :tongue:

TXDCP1.jpg

so, back on topic....(I am so Jealous of the guy's tans, I look like Rudolph again)

Sop hole, Bari hole, need a few drumline and a few guard....AND I WANT SOME MORE NEW FRIENDS IN THE PIT :worthy:

We are doing a big fundraiser the next few weeks that should help some folks with dues, got more ideas in the works, and I have a meeting on Thursday to get the school contracts ready for our home show "Brass on the Bayou".

2.5 tunes on the field with drill, cool guard work, bass line sectional this weekend....things are rock'n in Houston!

so, back on topic....(I am so Jealous of the guy's tans, I look like Rudolph again)

Sop hole, Bari hole, need a few drumline and a few guard....AND I WANT SOME MORE NEW FRIENDS IN THE PIT :grouphug:

We are doing a big fundraiser the next few weeks that should help some folks with dues, got more ideas in the works, and I have a meeting on Thursday to get the school contracts ready for our home show "Brass on the Bayou".

2.5 tunes on the field with drill, cool guard work, bass line sectional this weekend....things are rock'n in Houston!

Keep up the Good Work.. everyone !!