Hurricanes 1st in my preseason poll

Not much more, meaning you do not know much more, or that they do not have much more than 10 tubas? I'm sure the Bucs have a full hornline. What about Empire?

Empire is looking for two experienced low brass players, then we'll be the same size as last year. There's a good chance we have some vets sitting on the fence, but we invite YOU to come take their spots. (www.statesmen.org) How cool would it be to hit the impact of Fanfare For The Common Man with the defending brass champs?

AND, let me be the first to jump on the Empire Color Guard's bandwagon. New unis, a new committment to flag design, and a very impressive influx of new talent. Much improved.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire is looking for two experienced low brass players, then we'll be the same size as last year. There's a good chance we have some vets sitting on the fence, but we invite YOU to come take their spots. (www.statesmen.org) How cool would it be to hit the impact of Fanfare For The Common Man with the defending brass champs?

AND, let me be the first to jump on the Empire Color Guard's bandwagon. New unis, a new committment to flag design, and a very impressive influx of new talent. Much improved.

For the record... I cannot wait to hear Fanfare for the Common Man!

there seems to be a pattern between 1-2,3-4,5-6,7-8 in how close/far apart they are (for the most part)...interesting :smile:

I dunno! While you respect (appropriately) the 7-8 positions, the 9th-10th positions are not a lock in my book based on last year's scores.

Anything can happen here!

And the fact that MBI was so close to the magnificent Buccaneers will be a fun test of the DCA system!

So, who knows what will happen in September!?? Hurcs could win. Bucs could win. MBI could win. Empire could win. It's all fun!

What exactly is this "DCA system" of which you speak??

Poor choice of words on my part. I'm just referring to the fact that it's hard to judge the corps since all of them never come together until prelims. And so DCA placements are far more surprising (and exciting in my book) than, say, DCI. :laughing:

So... class A doesn't exist? I'd make a Class A prediction, but I don't really know enough about it (even though it's my division) to be fair.

Poor choice of words on my part. I'm just referring to the fact that it's hard to judge the corps since all of them never come together until prelims. And so DCA placements are far more surprising (and exciting in my book) than, say, DCI. :laughing:
Not to mention the fact that the season overall is significantly shorter than back in the day. I remember 2, sometimes 3 shows a weekend. Corps would have more time to tweak their shows, max their performance, close some holes in the line and make a move on the frontrunner. Nowadays your corps better come out the first show with a full competitive program and be within 2 points or you are toast.