Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

there are videos on the site that must not be named of Madre for alumni to enjoy and time to say goodbye check them out sound really good.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are videos on the site that must not be named of Madre for alumni to enjoy and time to say goodbye check them out sound really good.

Thank you for that heads up. They do indeed sound good. Madre as always was very emotional to me. I see that the Glassmen have started to play Time to Say Goodbye. All though I really do like that song, I see no connection with that song and our long history. When did they start playing that song? I happen to feel that there are some great Classic Glassmen songs that they could play at encore, Family day or whatever, that does in fact have a connection to our history. You young kats may feel a connection to this song and there is nothing wrong with that at all. And I really do mean that. But our history and traditions go back 48 years not just a couple of years.

Good luck to the 09 Glassmen

Dean

Hey, I'm a lifelong fan of the Glassmen, and I hope to see great things from you guys this summer. How many tubas this year?

(BTW, I never marched Glassmen. I marched Mandarins in 1999 and your show that year was my favorite. So, I went home and designed a star trek ship and named it for the Glassmen....kinda dorky, I know)

Edited by ussglassman

i think there are 10 not positive.

Thank you for that heads up. They do indeed sound good. Madre as always was very emotional to me. I see that the Glassmen have started to play Time to Say Goodbye. All though I really do like that song, I see no connection with that song and our long history. When did they start playing that song? I happen to feel that there are some great Classic Glassmen songs that they could play at encore, Family day or whatever, that does in fact have a connection to our history. You young kats may feel a connection to this song and there is nothing wrong with that at all. And I really do mean that. But our history and traditions go back 48 years not just a couple of years.

Good luck to the 09 Glassmen

Dean

I think they said they started playing Time to Say Goodbye in 2005.

Hey, I'm a lifelong fan of the Glassmen, and I hope to see great things from you guys this summer. How many tubas this year?

(BTW, I never marched Glassmen. I marched Mandarins in 1999 and your show that year was my favorite. So, I went home and designed a star trek ship and named it for the Glassmen....kinda dorky, I know)

On family day they had 8 contras. I assume that that is the full compliment.

On family day they had 8 contras. I assume that that is the full compliment.

Drill calls for 12 but with injuries and stuff they're down to 10. Should pick up the empty spots soon.

Kemo

Edited by KemoLondon

Sounding Good!