Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

From the Embassy Suites, you'll be able to walk anywhere you want downtown, including Lucas Oil Stadium and the Red Eye Cafe. Be sure to look for the drum corps memorabilia on the walls when you go.
Thanks Matt thats good to know !

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Never Walk Alone was the original Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corps Song. Which was started in 1973. I have wondered what year Never Walk Alone became the Madison Scouts DBC Song?

"You'll Never Walk Alone" has been the Scouts' theme song since it was first performed in a 1954 show. Corps members spontaneously sang the song in response to a theme song challenge from a group of Cavies ("Somewhere Over the Rainbow") in 1957 and have been singing it ever since.

"You'll Never Walk Alone" has been the Scouts' theme song since it was first performed in a 1954 show. Corps members spontaneously sang the song in response to a theme song challenge from a group of Cavies ("Somewhere Over the Rainbow") in 1957 and have been singing it ever since.

What great info. Thank you for that. I am sure I am not the only one who did not know that. Again thank you. By the way I have lost count how many times I have seen the video(on youtube) of The Madison Scouts Alum and your young brothers singing You"ll Never Walk Alone together. It is hard for me to not show emotion when this song is sung. Thank you all for carrying on this very long and great tradition.

Dean

Ok so now we know that the Red Eye Cafe is in walking distance to almost everything in downtown Indy. Another good thing is that there is a parking garage across the street that only cost $5.00. I think it would be very good for the GFAA to meet up At the Red Eye Cafe Aug 7th and 8th before and after the Glassmen Show even if the Glassmen do not make finals. I will try and reserve an area if there is interest. I will post on facebook also.

Scott, to me you have one of the top 10 best Drum and Bugle Corps Stories of all time. Does 75 Philly ring a bell :lol: Did you know that the BoD of SCV wrote a very nice letter and gave the Glassmen some money? I found that letter. Would you post on the Great Lakes Web site and see if there is any Glassmen Alumni on there who would like to get together Semis and Finals. How cool would it be to have one person wear a different uniform at one of the Glassmen Home Shows and or at Finals if we make Finals on our 50th. They don't have to march in them. Just do something like the Blue Stars did last year. Tell me what you think about the Glassmen not announcing yet.

Yes, I do know about the GFAA Reunion at both Glassmen Home Shows. I hope that there is a very good turn out of the Alum. As a matter of fact if an Alum must decide between the Indy get together or the GFAA Reunion, PLEASE choose the GFAA Reunion this is a great fundraiser for the Glassmen Family.

Nothing but the best for the 09 Glassmen Family

Silence is Golden :lol:

Dean

can we get the title changed to OFFICIAL Glassmen 2009 thread?

ask and ye shall receive. :)

Can you give me some money?

ask and ye shall receive. :)

get the corps store to work on the site :lol:

i actually asked about that and they are working on it.

lol ok, ok. I'm good, but I'm not THAT good. :blink:

though, I too wish the corps store was working. in fact, I'd probably have bought something for the season if it was up, b/c I don't think that they will be in my area this year and unless I can make it to finals, I'm hosed.

If you email Brian Hickman they will hook you up with what you want to buy.