Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

I think this is relevant to the corps. We're discussing the possibility of having more videos on the fan network.

I put up a review of the Fairfield show if you want to read it. Apparently a lot of changes are on the way for their show.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rudi man @ Jul 6 2009, 06:35 PM)

You don't even Know how to spell the kids name Mary Ellen it's Hensley for your info !

Easy there bro, it was a simple mistake.

Kemo

Mary Ellen Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

QUOTE (rudi man @ Jul 6 2009, 06:35 PM)

You don't even Know how to spell the kids name Mary Ellen it's Hensley for your info !

Sorry, You are correct. Thats what i get for trying to multi task at work

Senior moment

rudi man Posted Yesterday, 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Mary Ellen @ Jul 6 2009, 04:23 PM)

Yes! It is Matt Henley.

This is the link to the DCP community guidelines

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...?act=boardrules

This section applies to the above.

You may not make personal attacks on other Community members or non-members. Harassment of other members is not allowed. Flame-bait, trolling or flaming posts will be edited or removed, and action may be taken against the author. Issues and posts directed at a single member should be handled via our built-in Private Messenger feature.

Many of us are looking for some content ( news, opinions, etc.) in this thread. If there is another place to go for chit chat, please post that location. Thanks

youll never take me alive

Good job last night. All be it, ever so slightly, the Glassmen closed the gap between them and the Blue Stars. Interesting run here going head to head with the Blue Stars for a handful of Shows. Just like the early run with BAC. It will be very interesting to see what happens when the west coast Corps and the Bluecoats come east. The two up coming Texas Shows will be a great measuring stick for all Corps up to that point. What a great year this is shaping up to be for all Drum Corps. I know we all can guess. But is there really a clear front runner going into the Texas Shows? The fight for the 12th spot is really heating up.

Horizon- good review. Are you an Alum, fan or both? :thumbup:

Have a fun time tonight at the TN. Show.

Feel The grove

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN

Dean

I am both. I marched there last year.

I also noticed that they either got rid of or toned down most of the synthesizer stuff. I think that's a good decision on the staff's part. They kept the effect at the beginning of the third movement before/during the turn around, which I actually enjoyed.

Edited by Horizon

2 rehearsal days coming up. i hear major changes happening cant wait to see there next on demand.

Congratulations to Roman Montoya and his wonderful color guard they not only beat PHANTOM REGIMENTS guard

in both sub-captions / continuity and achievement and they also beat the Blue Stars in achievement but lost to them

in continuity by .05 and thats not much ! I'm so proud of my corps that my buttons are bustin that soprano line oh

excuse me trumpet section are the best trumpets that this corps has had for quite sometime those kids are some

real screamers and the low brass give me some great big goosebumps thats for sure I just love our horn soloists

this year also our new visual staff are doing a great job . Last but not least the percussion section ,battery & pit

The last time I seen them was on video on demand in Normal Ill and they have a very demanding book , both

executionally and musically to be honest I personally didn't care for some of the synth parts in the first movement

but from what I've heard Rob either toned them way down or removed the parts completely , In which I believe was

a wise decision on his part . So now they have two days to add or subtract or keep and polish and after those days

we will see what more accomplishments the staff and kid have made I'm sure we'll all be pleased with the results ! :thumbup:

Congratulations to Roman Montoya and his wonderful color guard they not only beat PHANTOM REGIMENTS guard

in both sub-captions / continuity and achievement and they also beat the Blue Stars in achievement but lost to them

in continuity by .05 and thats not much !

Big thumbs up to Roman and the G also. As I said more than a few times when they came thru the food line at G-West during move ins..."WORK IT GIRLS". (and guys). lol

Kemo

The Glassmen also scored 2nd in 3 music captions.

As of today the 4 rating models that I use have the Blue Stars ranked 8th and the Glassmen rated 11th. No problem. The Glassmen are only 3 points and change from the Blue Stars.

To me a Show is won or lost on the practice field. And the improvement that I have seen score wise, it is clear to me that there is just as much effort on the practice field (if not more) as there is on the field of competition. Much props to the 09 Glassmen Family Members. It is also clear to me that the 09 Glassmen Staff and CMM's are bonding into a great team and Family.

We talk about life lessen being learned in the Drum and Bugle Corps Activity. This is so very true. And in today's world one of the most important life skill a CMM will learn is Teamwork. This is not a fad. More and more company's are turning to teams to figure out issues. And how well one works within a team environment will reflect on their year end review. I teach teamwork at the Corp. level and I would like to share some blurbs from my power point because I believe it is very relevant to what the 09 Glassmen must do in order to get the full potential out of the Journey of One Show. Which is Teamwork.

"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results"

Personal Choice- You DO have a choice. You and your teammates can choose to work the magic that moves the Glassmen beyond mediocrity and make it a winner.

Personal Responsibility- If you really want to work with a high performance unit, you can't afford to be an ordinary performer. And you can't leave it all up to the leader. Teams that achieve very special results do so because their members are doing very special things. You and your teammates must take Personal Responsibility for overall team performance.

U.S Navy Seals- "A team can't function well unless the members individually function well, and the performance of each person acts as a catalyst to the others. It goes back to the old cliche about the whole being more than the sum of the parts. A sense of teamwork is one of the strongest underlying themes that contributes to the success of an organization. You won't survive without the team"

"To most of you, your neighbor is a stranger, a guy with a barking dog and a high fence around him. Now you can't be a stranger to any person on your own team. So tear down the fence and you'll tear down a lot of hates and prejudices. Tear down all the fences and you'll really have teamwork"

John Doe

" Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"

Hellen Keller

Horizon-Nice to have you part of the Glassmen Alumni Family

Be Safe

WE ARE THE GLASSMEN

Dean

Does anyone know where the Glassmen will be staying in Valdosta, GA, Orlando, Fl and Houston TX. Also when they will arrive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tour book lists housing site in Val as Lowndes Middle School, 2379 Copeland Rd, Valdosta

Orlando as St Cloud HS, 2500 Bulldog Lane, St Cloud, Fl