Reading Buccaneers

Who is Katie,Patrick?

This question clearly points to a "generation gap" issue. :thumbup:

Fran

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps you would be better served by leaving directly after the Bucs performance to beat the traffic...

Ah yes.... the Phil Rizzuto method!!!!!

Fran

Still waiting for a review. The stands were packed - standing room only (even after two rain evacuations). SOMEBODY had to have seen the show! I would do it myself, except thanks to performing double duty, I didn't see ANYBODY!

here's the breakdown.

show about to start...they announce a storm is coming...they expect it to be short but might, please clear the stadium.

oh it was mighty. announce back on at 8....rain stops, start heading back in. then it starts to pour again. headed back out. slowed again...headed back in,....starts again...I mean Danny Fitz played the anthems in a downpour. but as Sky started playing, boom it was over.

20 minute intermission could have been erased tho.

show commitee did a great job, but for future years, dont park people in the grass at the school if it's going to be wet. we lucked out and didnt get stuck, but i saw others spitting mud all over and not moving. some guys white lexus was covered in mud

As a member of the Big Sounds In Motion committee, and the resident geek of the group, I had been watching the radar throughout most of the day, in particular this line of storms that was crossing the state. We saw it coming and I brought it to the attention of the DCA officials just prior to the meeting with the corps directors. We spoke of the "what if" scenarios and decided we would start the show and any delay would result in a 30 minute warning until we began again keeping the show schedule...including the intermission. This was a decision made by the DCA officials and supported by the corps directors. The storm had approached faster than we thought and I made the call from the field to delay the show for the sake of safety of the performers and fans. When we made the announcement of a quick, but powerful storm...at the time it was just that. We tracked the storm via the web from the press box and watched as the front broke into two sections, with the second less of an impact (no lightning). The call was made to take the field around 8pm...and we did. Unfortunately, the second event seemed to have more of a rain impact then we thought. I spoke with Mr. Hershman following the anthems and asked if he wanted to proceed and his response was the following "if there is any group that can blow away this mess, it's the Skyliner Alumni"...and so they did! Kudos to Danny Fitz for going out there in extremely challenging weather conditions to play the anthems and thank you Skyliner Alumni for clearing the skies!

As for parking on the grass lot...obviously starting the on-site show stuff at 9am and looking at the forecast of a 30 to 40% chance of rain, we made the call to proceed with our normal parking regiment of using the field for the convenience of our fans. We regret that some folks had difficulty in leaving the parking area, but we did what we could at the time to help as many as possible, including having a tow truck on stand-by and one of our volunteers actually using a few coolers of water to clean off the passenger side of the car that got the worst of it in the lot. Understand, the condition of this car was not the result of someone that made a concentrated effort to get out of the lot in a safe manner, but more of someone that wanted to just watch their tires spin. Our volunteer saw what had happened and wanted to do what he could to make the situation tolerable given the conditions...the owner appreciated it greatly. Our apologies to those who had difficulty in leaving the grass lot, our thanks to those that did it in a safe manner, and to those that found it necessary to "spin" their tires, the school district will appreciate the re-sodding efforts we will be providing.

On behalf of the Big Sounds Committee, we thank all the members and staffs of the performing corps for hanging in there and putting on a great show! We thank Larry Hershman and all the DCA officials for their patience as we waited it out once again at Albright. We thank all our volunteers for making this show a huge success in spite of what mother nature has in store for us. And lastly, we thank the fans! Your support of all the shows on this circuit mean so much to these drum corps...simple words cannot express it...Thank you!

Have a GREAT day and best of luck and safe travels to all those next weekend in Rochester!

Bill Snook

Big Sounds In motion

Edited by jamminsnookie

....and KUDOS and BRAVO to Amy & Bill Snook, Randy & Colleen Kerschner, Bob DeLong and their entire team of dedicated volunteers for putting on a fantastic show once again. Their planning and attention to detail is amazing!

I spoke with Mr. Hershman following the anthems and asked if he wanted to proceed and his response was the following "if there is any group that can blow away this mess, it's the Skyliner Alumni"...and so they did! Cudos to Danny Fitz for going out there in extremely challenging weather conditions to play the anthems and thank you Skyliner Alumni for clearing the skies!

And we were only too happy to oblige!

Kudos to everyone who helped make your show a success - we enjoyed the evening and were only too happy to open your show.

And BTW - the brownies were absolutely killer........

The Caballeros would like to thank the Buc’s for their hospitality all weekend.

Running a contest is a daunting task, bring in seven corps, add an impending storm and you have your hands full.

Congrats to the Buccaneers and to Amy & Bill for putting on a great show. What an amazing couple the Buccaneers are very lucky to have such a hard working couple associated with their organization. One that knows how hard it is to put on a great contest tips my sombrero to the Snook’s.

BTW many don’t know they also had to move their daughter into college on Saturday “OMG”

Still waiting for a review. The stands were packed - standing room only (even after two rain evacuations). SOMEBODY had to have seen the show! I would do it myself, except thanks to performing double duty, I didn't see ANYBODY!

sorry. i had a life today. it's up now

As a member of the Big Sounds In Motion committee, and the resident geek of the group, I had been watching the radar throughout most of the day, in particular this line of storms that was crossing the state. We saw it coming and I brought it to the attention of the DCA officials just prior to the meeting with the corps directors. We spoke of the "what if" scenarios and decided we would start the show and any delay would result in a 30 minute warning until we began again keeping the show schedule...including the intermission. This was a decision made by the DCA officials and supported by the corps directors. The storm had approached faster than we thought and I made the call from the field to delay the show for the sake of safety of the performers and fans. When we made the announcement of a quick, but powerful storm...at the time it was just that. We tracked the storm via the web from the press box and watched as the front broke into two sections, with the second less of an impact (no lightning). The call was made to take the field around 8pm...and we did. Unfortunately, the second event seemed to have more of a rain impact then we thought. I spoke with Mr. Hershman following the anthems and asked if he wanted to proceed and his response was the following "if there is any group that can blow away this mess, it's the Skyliner Alumni"...and so they did! Kudos to Danny Fitz for going out there in extremely challenging weather conditions to play the anthems and thank you Skyliner Alumni for clearing the skies!

As for parking on the grass lot...obviously starting the on-site show stuff at 9am and looking at the forecast of a 30 to 40% chance of rain, we made the call to proceed with our normal parking regiment of using the field for the convenience of our fans. We regret that some folks had difficulty in leaving the parking area, but we did what we could at the time to help as many as possible, including having a tow truck on stand-by and one of our volunteers actually using a few coolers of water to clean off the passenger side of the car that got the worst of it in the lot. Understand, the condition of this car was not the result of someone that made a concentrated effort to get out of the lot in a safe manner, but more of someone that wanted to just watch their tires spin. Our volunteer saw what had happened and wanted to do what he could to make the situation tolerable given the conditions...the owner appreciated it greatly. Our apologies to those who had difficulty in leaving the grass lot, our thanks to those that did it in a safe manner, and to those that found it necessary to "spin" their tires, the school district will appreciate the re-sodding efforts we will be providing.

On behalf of the Big Sounds Committee, we thank all the members and staffs of the performing corps for hanging in there and putting on a great show! We thank Larry Hershman and all the DCA officials for their patience as we waited it out once again at Albright. We thank all our volunteers for making this show a huge success in spite of what mother nature has in store for us. And lastly, we thank the fans! Your support of all the shows on this circuit mean so much to these drum corps...simple words cannot express it...Thank you!

Have a GREAT day and best of luck and safe travels to all those next weekend in Rochester!

Bill Snook

Big Sounds In motion

trust me Bill. you guys did nothing wrong. i just think that since Albright seems to get rained on every time we go there, you may want to rethink the grass :thumbup:

and you guys handled the storms great, no complaints about that.

The Caballeros would like to thank the Buc’s for their hospitality all weekend.

Running a contest is a daunting task, bring in seven corps, add an impending storm and you have your hands full.

Congrats to the Buccaneers and to Amy & Bill for putting on a great show. What an amazing couple the Buccaneers are very lucky to have such a hard working couple associated with their organization. One that knows how hard it is to put on a great contest tips my sombrero to the Snook’s.

BTW many don’t know they also had to move their daughter into college on Saturday “OMG”

Al:

Great to have you and the Cabs with us this weekend! Great performance.

Echoing your sentiments about Bill and Amy. We are blessed indeed!