Brass Music for my Wedding

RxRequiem

I am getting married and wanted to know what corps would be good to have playing in the background while everyone waited for the ceremony to start. I have thought of a few excerpts and would greatly appreciate any help!

Phantom 2003 intro

Phantom Amazing Grace

BD When a Man Loves a Woman

Phantom "Defiant Heart" Intro

Any suggestions about music selection and where to get the audio files would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't know if that's such a great idea for something like a wedding. Drum corps isn't exactly "background" music, especially those particular selections. Hire yourself a good brass quintet.

Honestly, I don't know if that's such a great idea for something like a wedding. Drum corps isn't exactly "background" music, especially those particular selections. Hire yourself a good brass quintet.

I want pachabels cannon to play at my wedding. Im going to contact a bunch of my corps friends that play brass and have them play it for me. maybe you could contact a local corps and pick out a few brass members to play it live?

having just gotten married a week and a half ago, let me add my $.02...

unless your entire crowd (or majority of it) are drum corps folks, the idea will seem weird and out of place. i asked for Pachelbel's Canon for the bridesmaid entrance and asked the DJ if he had the Candian Brass version...he had a couple of their tunes, but not the canon, so we went with the string version and it was very nice and i think the few drum corps folks may have gotten the reference.

for me it was more important to hear the songs as opposed to "it must be corps," that way i knew the meaning for me, and for those who wouldn't have "gotten it," they could still enjoy the music.

i would recommend talking to your DJ (assuming you have one) about brass quintet, or strictly instrumental arrangements. perhaps go in with a list of song titles and see what they have. amazing grace, for example, you can try to get the CD from PR and see if your DJ can play it, but they might already have a very nice version that would suit your needs.

If you are set on using drum corps songs, i would recommend getting a corps' CD "studio" recordings, instead of the live on the field versions because you really don't want cheering and loud crowd members being played at your wedding.

To help your search:

Regiment's 2003 intro: "Sanctus" is based on Pachelbel's Canon in D and performed by Libera (look up Libera to hear their version)

"Defiant Heart" is from "Fourth Ballet Suite" by Shostakovich

this info is from corpsreps.com...use their resources as they link to amazon.com albums where you can hear the source material.

happy hunting and congratulations.

Edited by bhs alumni

I want pachabels cannon to play at my wedding. Im going to contact a bunch of my corps friends that play brass and have them play it for me. maybe you could contact a local corps and pick out a few brass members to play it live?

BTW "Canon" imitative polyphony - "Cannon" giant gun you aim and shoot.

Not sure which one you want at your wedding - just wanted to make sure you got what you wished for

Don't want to end up like the guy who had to carry around a 12 inch pianist all the time. (so hard to find that size keyboard and all).

BTW "Canon" imitative polyphony - "Cannon" giant gun you aim and shoot.

Not sure which one you want at your wedding - just wanted to make sure you got what you wished for

Don't want to end up like the guy who had to carry around a 12 inch pianist all the time. (so hard to find that size keyboard and all).

Ray...

You crack me up! Please prepare your material for the annual Bridgemen Comedy Night, in Rochester! Then again, your improvisational skills are awesome, so, just be forewarned that you'll be needed at the mic!

See you in a few weeks!

Jim

The majority of the people who will be there are drum corps vets or know that we met at drum corps. Since I am nearly close to broke we can only afford to have the DJ at the reception site and will have the sound tech guys at the church play our music from their box.

Thanks for the insights and keep them coming!