Attention All Caballeros Alumni ! ! !

We all talk about what a real family the Cabs are and always were. Well, that's so true, but we're not sure we know where all of our family is!

The corps maintains a mailing list of alumni and other supporters that numbers in the thousands, and the alumni association also has a list of hundreds. It would be great, though, to have just one list that we know consists only of alumni, apart from the general supporters list. Since there are only a few folks doing all the behind the scenes work, the easiest way to accomplish this would be to begin creating an alumni list from scratch, rather than combing through the two lists and sorting out who's who.

The corps would love to tell all of you how great things are going this spring. Maybe, also, you haven't heard that Grand Prix's moving this year? Or that the Cabs are hosting THREE competitions this summer ? And they'd love to hear how YOU'RE doing, too!

I'm not going to pretend that we won't also contact you to ask for your support, either financially or otherwise. It takes so much more to put the corps on the field than when I marched, and I'm sure more than when you marched, too. I can promise you there's no arm-twisting or guilt trips in the works, though :peek:

So for any of you out there who've been blessed like I have by having been given the opportunity to become part of this amazing family, and of its incredible past and present, drop us a line. We'd love to have your email address, mailing address, telephone if you're OK with that, and, oh yeah, since we're all getting older, please remind us when you marched and in what section. Also, if you know any other alumni who aren't online, ask them if it would be alright with them if you were to pass along their info, too!

Please e-mail your information to Mike Ryan, at m.ryan@cabs.org. If you know other alumni who either aren't online, or who for whatever reason would rather use snail-mail, they can send a card or note to "Hawthorne Caballeros, PO Box 170, Hawthorne, NJ 07506".

Thank you for being a part of the Caballeros family. I hope I see you all at one of Cabs' shows this summer, or, better yet, all three of them - June 20 in Wildwood, July 11 at the Grand Prix (Remember, it's in Wayne this year), and August 22 in Secaucus!

Roger Ames

AKA "Psycho Gumby" (Don't ask!)

Cabs '90, '91

Cabs fan since, oh, 72 or so.

Edited by grenadasmoothie

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all talk about what a real family the Cabs are and always were. Well, that's so true, but we're not sure we know where all of our family is!

The corps maintains a mailing list of alumni and other supporters that numbers in the thousands, and the alumni association also has a list of hundreds. It would be great, though, to have just one list that we know consists only of alumni, apart from the general supporters list. Since there are only a few folks doing all the behind the scenes work, the easiest way to accomplish this would be to begin creating an alumni list from scratch, rather than combing through the two lists and sorting out who's who.

The corps would love to tell all of you how great things are going this spring. Maybe, also, you haven't heard that Grand Prix's moving this year? Or that the Cabs are hosting THREE competitions this summer ? And they'd love to hear how YOU'RE doing, too!

I'm not going to pretend that we won't also contact you to ask for your support, either financially or otherwise. It takes so much more to put the corps on the field than when I marched, and I'm sure more than when you marched, too. I can promise you there's no arm-twisting or guilt trips in the works, though :peek:

So for any of you out there who've been blessed like I have by having been given the opportunity to become part of this amazing family, and of its incredible past and present, drop us a line. We'd love to have your email address, mailing address, telephone if you're OK with that, and, oh yeah, since we're all getting older, please remind us when you marched and in what section. Also, if you know any other alumni who aren't online, ask them if it would be alright with them if you were to pass along their info, too!

Please e-mail your information to Mike Ryan, at m.ryan@cabs.org. If you know other alumni who either aren't online, or who for whatever reason would rather use snail-mail, they can send a card or note to "Hawthorne Caballeros, PO Box 170, Hawthorne, NJ 07506".

Thank you for being a part of the Caballeros family. I hope I see you all at one of Cabs' shows this summer, or, better yet, all three of them - June 20 in Wildwood, July 11 at the Grand Prix (Remember, it's in Wayne this year), and August 22 in Secaucus!

Roger Ames

AKA "Psycho Gumby" (Don't ask!)

Cabs '90, '91

Cabs fan since, oh, 72 or so.

Psycho Gumby? I love it.. Being in the corps for a few years.. I can tell you sometimes the nick names better than the actual names.. Does anyone remember "Root Beer" from the 70's? LOL

Yeah, Billy Duncan came up with that moniker for me, and I still can't seem to completely shake it !

Edited by grenadasmoothie

Psycho Gumby? I love it.. Being in the corps for a few years.. I can tell you sometimes the nick names better than the actual names.. Does anyone remember "Root Beer" from the 70's? LOL

WOW...we had a "Root Beer" in the Sunrisers also.

He was so young when he joined, that is the only kind of beer he was allowed to drink!

I don't think we can put in print any of Frank's nick names.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

Don't go there..... :tongue::tongue:

LOL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

Don't go there..... :tongue::tongue:

LOL

Thanks for the update Frank.... Can't wait for you to see the 2009 show..

Quite a few responses already :tongue:

Thank you to those who've dropped Mike a line so far - Make sure you pass along the word !

Thanks for the update Frank.... Can't wait for you to see the 2009 show..

Anytime Mike......already have my tickets put aside (Thanks AL) for Wildwood, so I wil hopefully get a good seat!!!! I really look forward to seeing this production in person.

(I may just stick my head in at rehearsal this weeked........if I can only find North Warren on the map!!! LOL

I Guess i'll use my GPS....GLOBAL PONZO SYSTEM!!! :tongue:

Anytime Mike......already have my tickets put aside (Thanks AL) for Wildwood, so I wil hopefully get a good seat!!!! I really look forward to seeing this production in person.

(I may just stick my head in at rehearsal this weeked........if I can only find North Warren on the map!!! LOL

I Guess i'll use my GPS....GLOBAL PONZO SYSTEM!!! :tongue:

Look forward to seeing you...