Buccaneers Friends & Family Day 2009 - Sun. June 14

So Blue Windex is that what you use to clean the show?

Could be Rabbit!!!

Now you know our secret weapon :tongue:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when we used to use it to clean the blue chrome horns...I still use one of those...

Blue Chrome horns?!! OMG you must post a picture for the uninitiated. I would almost move to the East Coast to play on a blue chrome horn! :-)

Wait...wait..I am on ,y first bottle of wine.. let me run to the grocery store and uncork number two then post a picture of the holy grail of all horns and please tell me it is a Mello! :-D

Edited by taters

Blue Chrome horns?!! OMG you must post a picture for the uninitiated. I would almost move to the East Coast to play on a blue chrome horn! :-)

Wait...wait..I am on ,y first bottle of wine.. let me run to the grocery store and uncork number two then post a picture of the holy grail of all horns and please tell me it is a Mello! :-D

Nothing special...all the corps had them BITD.

Wow! What a day for the entire Reading Buccaneers family.

After a grueling rehearsal day Saturday, which included a couple visits from Mother Nature (she threatened to overstay her welcome but thankfully moved on), the weather held Sunday and we had an absolutely glorious day.

-At the beginning, the wonderful Buccaneers Alumni kicked things off with a fantastic performance. They are a class act and their performance was, too.

-In the middle, the 2009 Reading Buccaneers wowed the crowd with a great dress rehearsal, followed by a spirited singing of the corps song. Demons & Angels is sure to excite and entertain fans this summer!

-At the end, thanks to the incredible generosity of the Buccaneers Alumni Association, close to 400 members of the extended Buccaneers family enjoyed a first-class barbecue. The fellowship and fun at Buc Field was still in swing when I left at 9 p.m.

And mixed in between were lots of mini-reunions, laughs and smiles and moments that made us realize that we're part of something much larger than ourselves.

Thanks to all who made the day so special -- our incredible alumni, our fans and friends in the Greater Reading area and beyond who shared the day with us, our staff and administration, who handled the distraction of the event with great skill and humor, our members, who amaze us every day with their passion and talent, and of course their families who make it possible for them to pursue such a crazy activity. We're glad they were with us to see the magic their loved ones are creating. And a special thanks to those who arrived with non-perishable food items. We filled a storage shed! Your generosity will help us provide more meals at lower cost to our members this summer. Thank you!

We're ready for Wildwood, so let the journey begin! May all enjoy fair winds and smooth sailing this summer!

Edited by TomMoore

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! To everyone who participated in Friends and Family Day, a great big thank you for your donations, your support and to all the staff. Exec committee, instructors and support staff. Thanks also to the Buccaneer Alumni Association, without you our bellies would not have been filled with delicious barbecue food. :smile:

IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!!!

And the corps didn't look to bad either. :thumbup:

Tom (and the entire Buc organization)............I was prepared to interject with some 'cute' smarta** remark in reaction to your post, but I thought better of it after yesterdays' experience. The admin and staff as always the curteous and gracious hosts, the staff professional but in a more relaxed way and the performers always deliver. But, to this old timer the display of the day included the largest crowd I have ever seen at this event. I even ran into some old students, parents and staff from the high school where I taught for 11 years. I ran into many, many old friends from the Buc's and shared good moments.

Then came the exhibition..............what can I say...........you state that "we're ready for Wildwood" and the season opener. Of that I have no doubt. The program and the communication of it by the corps left me stunned and breathless. I have never seen the corps this prepared this early. The creative team and staff have excelled with a program which may be the best ever from the Buc's. Following the development of the show since Membership Day gave me a good idea of the potential, but inasmuch as I hadn't seen/heard the corps for a few weeks, left me unprepared.

Indeed, this corps is ready. My question is: "is Wildwood and DCA ready for the Buc's?" You gave me all the RED I wanted......I for one cannot wait until the first notes are sounded next Saturday.........for any readers who will be at the show I would say, "be prepared for one heckuva ride".

Thank you Buc's for one of the more memorable moments in my 53 years in the activity.

Jim

Wow! What a day for the entire Reading Buccaneers family.

After a grueling rehearsal day Saturday, which included a couple visits from Mother Nature (she threatened to overstay her welcome but thankfully moved on), the weather held Sunday and we had an absolutely glorious day.

-At the beginning, the wonderful Buccaneers Alumni kicked things off with a fantastic performance. They are a class act and their performance was, too.

-In the middle, the 2009 Reading Buccaneers wowed the crowd with a great dress rehearsal, followed by a spirited singing of the corps song. Demons & Angels is sure to excite and entertain fans this summer!

-At the end, thanks to the incredible generosity of the Buccaneers Alumni Association, close to 400 members of the extened Buccaneers family enjoyed a first-class barbecue. The fellowship and fun at Buc Field was still in swing when I left at 9 p.m.

And mixed in between were lots of mini-reunions, laughs and smles and moments that made us realize that we're part of something much larger than ourselves.

Thanks to all who made the day so special -- our incredible alumni, our fans and friends in the Greater Reading area and beyond who shared the day with us, our staff and administration, who handled the distraction of the event with great skill and humor, our members, who amaze us every day with their passion and talent, and of course their families who make it possible for them to pursue such a crazy activity. We're glad they were with us to see the magic their loved ones are creating. And a special thanks to those who arrived with non-perishable food items. We filled a storage shed! Your generosity will help us provide more meals at lower cost to our members this summer. Thank you!

We're ready for Wildwood, so let the journey begin! May all enjoy fair winds and smooth sailing this summer!

Wow, Jim. That's quite a compliment. Thank you. It was a great day and I'm glad you had a good experience.

We'll see you guys Saturday in Wildwood!!!!

I'll have my seatbelt fastened. :thumbup:

Fran

I would like to thank the entire membership of the Buccaneers, for yesterdays outstanding gathering.

As a member of the Caballeros Alumni, and who lives in Slatington, you are A CLASS ACT.

My family and I enjoyed the few moments that we were there.

There we more specttors at this event than I though there would be.

I belive there were more at this event, than there were at Bayonne, the night before. The Buccaneers, have set their sails, and on the hunt, for another DCA Championship.