Blue Stars need a Tenor Player due to injury

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a contract with a corps you can't just leave during the season to march somewhere else. I don't know if it includes open class, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

And even if it was allowed, would that be what the Blue Stars would really want to do? Take someone from another corps in June? That would probably be really bad publicity around the drum corps community.

When you have a contract with a corps you can't just leave during the season to march somewhere else. I don't know if it includes open class, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

And even if it was allowed, would that be what the Blue Stars would really want to do? Take someone from another corps in June? That would probably be really bad publicity around the drum corps community.

Hey, I'm just asking the question. I remember there used to be a rule to discourage "poaching." Don't have the current rule book in front of me...is there a rule book? You know, Article IV, Section 4, Paragraph 19...something like that?

I would agree...and knowing the Blue Stars from the past, I would expect them not to accept membership from someone who simply "bailed on a corps to get a better ride."

However, the former corps I believe could grant a release of the member, in which case...they'd be free to join the Blue Stars.

If you've signed a contract, you've committed to pay $X to that corps. DCI does not allow you to march with ANY corps if you owe money to ANY other corps. The only way a member can get out of that is if the original corps releases them from their contract, which from what I've heard can only come from the director.

Edited by ouooga

I know someone who moved from one corps back to his original corps after Memorial Day weekend last year. He had to have the corps director release him, and also have his first corps director agree to allow him back into the corps. So it can, and does happen.

Edited by TallAZEuph