A few noted before we get DCP-I XII going

The season officially steps off tomorrow night! Before we begin, please take note of a few things...

1. New Directors, please go by and read the DCP-I Rules, http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/index.php?...7&Itemid=25

2. Old Directors, please go by and read the DCP-I Rules, http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/index.php?...7&Itemid=25 and let me know if I totally missed anything

3. As always with the Live Season, please remember that we are at the mercy of DCI, and the speed of posting the Recaps for each show. On a normal day, if DCI posts captions in a timely manner, I will try to have scores posted by around 9 or 10 am the following morning. Sorry, but I am not able to stay up until midnight or 1 am to wait on the recaps for everything.

4. Be Active!

5. Have fun!

6. If you have any specific questions, or problems, feel free to contact me via PM, or e-mail.

DCI will be doing the five-judge panel again early in the season, like last year, correct? Also, any chance Jersey Surf will be added to the caption list this season, or not until 13?

Edited by hostrauser

We are not sure what kind of judging panel DCI will be using for the first part of the season. We will just have to play it by ear for the first bit of the season.

Jersey Surf and Cascades will not be added until DCP-I XIII as usual.

To add some more clarification (or confusion) about the captions.... this was found on the DCI web site...

"This rule proposal was passed in a unanimous vote. Eight judges will be used for all regular season shows and 10 judges for Premier Events (such as those in San Antonio, Atlanta, Allentown and the World Championships).

Monterastelli added, “A motion was passed by the membership for the flexibility to use a five-judge panel for all events up to July 10, and at the discretion of the DCI Executive Director.”

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=2...52-77c2575edf73

No clue.... :tongue:

Interesting. Looks like we may have a combo of 5- and 8-judge panels for the first couple weeks. Also, it looks like they removed the second percussion judge from the major events (10- not 11-judge panels). This seems to imply that scores will no longer go to three decimal places, only two (like back in the early 2000s when the new sheets first came out).

I'm assuming (at least for Season XII) that DCP-I scores will still go to three decimal places?

Also, did anyone else notice that the "tie-breaker" rule was eliminated?

Edited by hostrauser

The orginal rule proposal on penalties read as such:

Proposal: Penalize Late Starters – Once the season has started until the 2ND week a director wishing to join the league will be assessed a .25 penalty for every show they compete in. A director joining the league from the 2ND week through the 4TH week will be assessed a .50 penalty. Any director joining the league anytime after the 4TH week will be assessed a .75 penalty at every show.

If are making an "Executive Order" to change it, that's fine. Just want to make sure you didn't make a mistake on the time frame.

The orginal rule proposal on penalties read as such:

Proposal: Penalize Late Starters – Once the season has started until the 2ND week a director wishing to join the league will be assessed a .25 penalty for every show they compete in. A director joining the league from the 2ND week through the 4TH week will be assessed a .50 penalty. Any director joining the league anytime after the 4TH week will be assessed a .75 penalty at every show.

If are making an "Executive Order" to change it, that's fine. Just want to make sure you didn't make a mistake on the time frame.

Thanks Bill... will make that edit... was just off on the time frame.

And yes, DCP-I Scores will still go to 3 decimal places...