Preseason recordings from Madison Scouts, Bluecoats and more from Crow

Can some of you young techno marvels help an old guy out here. I downloaded all 4 of the corps from Fan Network. I had my computer open them with iTunes. Each played just fine...until I came back later and tried to play them. They are in the iTunes library, but when I click on any them to play there is now an exclamation mark (!) next to the title and I get the message "The song could not be used because the original file could not be found."

HELP...where did the files go? I thought they would be stored in iTunes.

My assumption is that you chose "Open With" rather than "Download" in the download dialog. When you do this, Firefox will store the data in its "temporary files" folder and the file may or may not be there the next time you need it.

To get past this, you can either:

1. a)Set a specific download folder in your Firefox Preferences, so you know exactly where it is. b) Choose the option to have Firefox automatically download files instead of doing Open With. This step is optional, and you might be better off choosing to Download or Open With on a per-file basis

or

2. Right-click the link to the file you want to download, and choose "Save Link As", and then choose a folder.

or

3. a) Change the option in your iTunes preferences that will copy files to your iTunes library when adding them. b) Choose the Open With option when you download the file, and when it opens in iTunes, it will copy the file from the Firefox temp directory to your iTunes library. That way, when Firefox deletes the temp file, you still have the copy in your iTunes library. Note that this will affect all future additions to iTunes as well, so if for some reason you have gigs and gigs of music in a folder on your desktop, which you then add to iTunes, all of those files will get copied to your iTunes Library. So then you would have the music taking up twice the amount of space. That doesn't sound like it will be too much of an issue with you.

Out of these, I prefer option 2 or 3. I think 3 sounds best for you.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Crown and BD quite a bit. It sounds like a great old-school book for BD. It's great to hear them playing jazz again, and I'm sure this is going to be a really fun show.

The Crown book is definitely reminiscent of Klesch's Garfield/CBC arrangements. The only part that didn't work so well for me was the Somewhere/Rainbow medley - I was sort of like "really? you couldn't find another tune for your ballad?". I'm looking forward to seeing what they do visually with the two halves of "Promise of Living".

Glad the season is finally starting!

I also love that there are small little clips here and there in Crown's closer/end of ballad that are reminiscent of each show from '04 - '08.

Nevermind. My computer's settings just went crazy...

Edited by cmathis