Filling holes...

that is just tour fee though, correct? I've heard and don't know how true it is that Bluecoats' camp fees are higher than most corps so in the end it isn't really that much cheaper?

True that I'm looking at tour fees. However, it seems appropriate seeing as how the thread is about filling holes, which is something after camp fees.

in 1985 I met up with the corps at their first show bacause I couldn't make winter rehearsals, I had two finals that morning, and the show was at my university. I watched that show and moved home from college the next day as the corps went on to their 2nd show. I met up with the corps on wednesday the next week, had three days of practice, and marched the third show as 2nd bass. I only played the opener and the drum solo, but I marched the whole show. I realize drill was easier then and I was in the middle of a line that usually marches as a unit, but I knew I had to bust my butt to get in there as fast as I could to help the corps.

I was supposed to be in the pit, but about a month before the season started the second bass broke his femur and was out for the season, and since I was 1st bass the year before the staff knew they could throw me in that late and I would pick it up rather quickly.

Edited by bluecoats88

filling a hole at the last minute is a stressful job. I've seen people come in midway and stick with it and some come in and go out after a couple days. You have to be on your A game like no other and ready to eat it.

Discounted fees :sad:

I've seen someone come in and go out after a couple of HOURS. He didn't even have time to step onto the field.