Where do I find.............

Need some help here. I'm looking for information about songs played in shows over the years. I was able to find information about Santa Clara's shows on their website, which was very cool. I'm not having as good a fortunate in other places.

Does a document exist that contains all the show music from every year from every corps?

Curiosities got me which is why I'm looking for this information:

Who was the first corps to play Malaguena, and how many times has it been played by how many corps?

Would Malaguena be the single most played song ever?

I've been told Spirit of Atlanta was the first corps to have a themed show. Is that true?

What was the first year anyone heard Conquest?

This could end up with a SERIOUS trivia game!

Need some help here. I'm looking for information about songs played in shows over the years. I was able to find information about Santa Clara's shows on their website, which was very cool. I'm not having as good a fortunate in other places.

Does a document exist that contains all the show music from every year from every corps?

Who was the first corps to play Malaguena, and how many times has it been played by how many corps?

I've been told Spirit of Atlanta was the first corps to have a themed show. Is that true?

www.corpsreps.com

www.corpsreps.com has got EVERYTHING you are looking for plus.

You won't find the answers to those questions on corpsreps.com. Their information from the pre-DCI years (whether it be musical repertoires or contest scores) is extremely limited.

They show Malaguena first being played in 1960, while the reality is that it was first played by the 1955 Hawthorne Cabs. Other corps to play it before 1960 include the Hyde Park Crusaders, Kittery Kardinals, St. Kevin's, Portsmouth Golden Eagles, St. Joe/Batavia and Woodard Raiders.

Malaguena is not the most often played song, either. There are quite a few other songs that have been played MANY more times that that one.

Many corps did "theme" shows in the 1950s. It's impossible to say which was the first.

Conquest goes all the way back to 1950 (and it's possible it may have been played in 1949).

Conquest goes all the way back to 1950 (and it's possible it may have been played in 1949).

Think I have the 1950 Conquest - Reilly Raiders (Philly Sr corps) in a stand still setting.....

Very ironic as Reilly theme was Irish music.....

IIRC, some corps souvie wagon was selling a drum corps trivia deck that could be used with trivial persuit some time in the mid '80s. Does anyone know it this is still around or if anyone has updated it?

IIRC, some corps souvie wagon was selling a drum corps trivia deck that could be used with trivial persuit some time in the mid '80s. Does anyone know it this is still around or if anyone has updated it?

Was that the "Drum Corps Trivia" game that came in a silver box back in the mid 80s or so? That one had the questions in a booklet plus the board and some other stuff I can't remember. (Sold mine on eBay and another DCPer ended up with it. :blink: )

The most famous drum corps trivia game was the one that Drum Corps World sold back in 1986. (I still have mine.)

I know there were still a few sets still available a few years ago. They wouldn't be any good for most people unless they were around the drum corps scene prior to '86, though. And DCW didn't produce its content, so many of the answers were incorrect to start with.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Was that the "Drum Corps Trivia" game that came in a silver box back in the mid 80s or so? That one had the questions in a booklet plus the board and some other stuff I can't remember. (Sold mine on eBay and another DCPer ended up with it. :blink: )

That sounds like it. I believe a buddy of mine (that I have unfortunately lost touch with) bought it when we were in Mad City for finals, so it would have to have been '86. (only finals I saw there).

I know there were still a few sets still available a few years ago. They wouldn't be any good for most people unless they were around the drum corps scene prior to '86, though. And DCW didn't produce its content, so many of the answers were incorrect to start with.

Yeah, for it to be much fun today it would have to be updated, and I seem to recall that we did feel that some of the answers were indeed off.