Best Patriotic Shows

1995 Cadets. A classic.

As for Canadian themed shows, who would really want to sit through a show based on the music of Anne Murray, Bryan Adams and Celine Dion? :)

Well, maybe Michael would. lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 1995. Did the WW2 thing before Band of Brothers (not marching band of brothers) and all those other Greatest Generation books. Loved the guard. Loved the park bench on the 50 yard line, though I think that probably helped dress forms..."I am not at the wrong spot. I dressed to the #### park bench."

That was not always the case. Especially early on. We had a few shows where stuff (Lamp posts, trees ) would be set up incorrectly and almost take us out or jack up forms.lol. I had quite a few blind moves that took me right by that stuff. Its fun to watch that show with all that stuff out there. Was definitely unique and added to the show in a positive way.

Edited by shaq9195

That was not always the case. Especially early on. We had a few shows where stuff (Lamp posts, trees ) would be set up incorrectly and almost take us out or jack up forms.lol. I had quite a few blind moves that took me right by that stuff. Its fun to watch that show with all that stuff out there. Was definitely unique and added to the show in a positive way.

Thanks for the feedback. That is one of several shows that set me up for a decade of admiration for the Cadets. Unbelievable. Know that you guys were appreciated for what you did that year.

1995 Cadets. A classic.

As for Canadian themed shows, who would really want to sit through a show based on the music of Anne Murray, Bryan Adams and Celine Dion? :)

Well, maybe Michael would. lol

Sure - and we could dress the guard up as Mounties and do a salute to Maple Syrup :biggrin:

Later,

Mike

Sure - and we could dress the guard up as Mounties and do a salute to Maple Syrup :biggrin:

Later,

Mike

If everything I learned at EPCOT is true (and it's Disney World, so it MUST be true), then everybody from Canada wears "Roots" clothes. Eh? Do you think plaid would look good on the field?

I absolutely LOATHE the 92 Star show. If a corps that talented had been able to march a show that didn't look like an EPCOT reject, they would have won easily. Troopers 1984 as well. Get a drum line.

I like Suncoast 84 and Garfield 95 a lot, but I like those shows in spite of their patriotism more than I do because of their patriotism. I guess I just think politics and drum corps don't mix. Nor do drum corps and overblown "patriotism."

Edited by tommytimp

If everything I learned at EPCOT is true (and it's Disney World, so it MUST be true), then everybody from Canada wears "Roots" clothes. Eh? Do you think plaid would look good on the field?

Yes it is 100% true - we can be thrown out of the country if we don't play hockey, drink beer, worship Celine or wear Roots clothing - pretty cool eh!

Later,

Mike

I loved the Bluecoats 1995 show.

**Disclaimer**

The author of the above sentence was a 5 year age out horn sergeant of the aforementioned corps.

His honking for that particular show by no means denigrates the performance of any other corps of any other year.

The author also wishes to express concern for any hurt feelings of fans of other corps not mentioned in the above sentence but denies intentional harm.

The above mentioned corps did not solicit the comment and is no way responsible for the comment.

Thank You.

**Disclaimer**

The author of the above sentence was a 5 year age out horn sergeant of the aforementioned corps.

His honking for that particular show by no means denigrates the performance of any other corps of any other year.

The author also wishes to express concern for any hurt feelings of fans of other corps not mentioned in the above sentence but denies intentional harm.

The above mentioned corps did not solicit the comment and is no way responsible for the comment.

Thank You.

:biggrin::worthy::doh::sad:

In today's "ultra-sensitive DCP climate", this is right on.