Take it to the air mattress...

I have always been a sucker for the underdog and every year kind of hope that the Sacramento Mandarins will make it to the semi's. Usually, I think their shows are OK...or at least they make sense. This year, the guard pulls out all these air mattresses. They are so visually distracting sitting on the side line and even more so when they are on the field. What is their purpose in this show? Did the Mandarins gain sponsorship from Aerobed? Is anyone else confused by this prop?

I have always been a sucker for the underdog and every year kind of hope that the Sacramento Mandarins will make it to the semi's. Usually, I think their shows are OK...or at least they make sense. This year, the guard pulls out all these air mattresses. They are so visually distracting sitting on the side line and even more so when they are on the field. What is their purpose in this show? Did the Mandarins gain sponsorship from Aerobed? Is anyone else confused by this prop?

Yup...I don't get it myself....ironic story....my wife's uncle (who knows nothing about drum corps) was driving through Sacramento and saw the Mandarins rehearsing and he asked "whats the deal with the mattresses?"

I wish I knew.

Cali.

didnt make sense to me at stanford either. an explanation would be awesome.