San Antonio

Pack the cooler in the trunk of the car and bring some Samiches!

Samiches? F-that...drink beer, that's all you should need...especially if you hate narration and electronics.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samiches? F-that...drink beer, that's all you should need...especially if you hate narration and electronics.

HolyName06, Did you march HNC 06? If so, We've met and How you been?

2nd, Can we make a drinking game of it!

For every corps that uses Amps, Drink!

For every Malfunction, Drink!

Fop Every line of Narration, Drink!

HolyName06, Did you march HNC 06? If so, We've met and How you been?

2nd, Can we make a drinking game of it!

For every corps that uses Amps, Drink!

For every Malfunction, Drink!

Fop Every line of Narration, Drink!

Yes I marched in 06...what did you do? I'm not recognizing your avatar...more than likely we know each other, but then again, I'm kind of a big deal...everyone knows me :thumbup: jk

San Antonio is the same format as Atlanta. First corps (Revolution in exhibition) steps off at 4 p.m., then the World Class corps perform straight through, with only two 17-minute intermissions at 5:59 and 8:15 p.m.

ugh. id rather have a big intermission in the middle. usually the lines for restrooms\concessions get bad enough that you're not getting back just in an intermission.

ugh. id rather have a big intermission in the middle. usually the lines for restrooms\concessions get bad enough that you're not getting back just in an intermission.

Well, from past experience, performing in the AM shows isn't as productive because some corps' don't even get a chance to rehearse. The advantage of rehearsing should allow some of the less-experienced (I'm trying to find the most kosher way of saying this...so please don't take offense!) corps' to warm up more efficiently throughout the day and potentially give a better performance. Performing with a cold body sucks hard...very very hard.

Besides, the concessions at the Alamo Dome are WAY overpriced for what you get...I should know...I did volunteer work for Revolution for 2 years serving that crap!

Well, from past experience, performing in the AM shows isn't as productive because some corps' don't even get a chance to rehearse. The advantage of rehearsing should allow some of the less-experienced (I'm trying to find the most kosher way of saying this...so please don't take offense!) corps' to warm up more efficiently throughout the day and potentially give a better performance. Performing with a cold body sucks hard...very very hard.

Besides, the concessions at the Alamo Dome are WAY overpriced for what you get...I should know...I did volunteer work for Revolution for 2 years serving that crap!

Oh, i know, and the new format could be nice. It just mightve been nicer to start at 3 or so and have a bigger break in the middle.

You could always bring food ( keep it in your car of course).

I have done this a few years back.

This way I could watch corps in the parking lot and eat at the same time and not waste too much time.

This year I am bringing the GF with me so I will not be seeing the entire show. I will probably check out a few hornlines/runthroughs and make it to the show to watch the top 10.

Sounds like a Job for In-N-Out Burger to send 2-3 of their Cooktrucks out to Atlanta. :thumbup: :thumbup:

FIX'D We don't get that stuff down here :sad: