Searching for a Mello in 'G' ....

Tapper7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they even the same model? The 1st-generation Dynasty (with Amado waterkeys) was built at Allied in Elkhorn Wisconsin USA until 1993. The 2nd-generation Dynasty (with conventional waterkeys) has been built at Weril in Sao Paolo Brazil. They are two totally different instruments.

cant remember. didn't pay much attention to the water keys. One is newer than the other. The newer one had a alot of back pressure on it. to the point if i would have kept playing it i would have had to quit playing after maybe an hour or two because i would have got a killer head ache. but the 2nd one was older don't know how old though. but it was really nice to play.

They were much lighter than today's horns and very easy to carry and play actually. Remember back then that was all we knew. It was not easy for us old farts to switch over to a 2 valve and use two fingers to play rather than a thumb and an index finger on different hands. Most everyone were drum corps taught and had no band expierience. In fact band kids were not recruited in the 60s and 70s in most corps, the members were friends or church members.

oh gosh, props to you guys. I would never have been able to march and play one of those bugles. I remember last year at a band competition, I tried one of those thumb and index baritones (a dynasty i believe) from the Kingsmen, hardest thing ever! It took me ten minutes to be able to hold it, even with the help of a professional, and i could not coordinate both hands to save my life!