Totally random question...

SF2K4

This may seem like a strange question... but can someone tell me what the first 5 notes of Georgia (played by the baritones/euphs) are? I played the mello part so I have no idea :doh: . Thanks guys!

Define Georgia? Georgia on my mind? Fight song? Or is there a tune (or four) actually named Georgia? Whatever happened to those five years of transcription work you did in college? If you've got a recording it should be easy enough to figure out. Since your arrangement might not be like mine. And I might be on G and you on Bb. And was that 1st baritone, or 4th? Concert pitches? Written notes? Valve combinations? If you've got a key signature, it might hint at where they start/end the thing.

dah-dee dah dah dah daaah

followed by doo-waaaaah, doo-waaaaah, dan, dee, doo-waaaaah

followed by doo-waaaaah, doo-waaaaah, dan, dee, doo-waaaaah

Third baris go "baa bummm bummm" about the third count or so in our version.....

dah-dee dah dah dah daaah

Many times I've heard "FRACK-a-doo-doo-dah"

Seriously though, can't you figure it out by pitch association based on your mello part. I'll give you hint....the first note is a minor third up from the soloist's first note, that is unless you scoop into it which would technically make it a different note that first comes out of the horn but since you played mellophone then it would be really close to the note that the CorpsVets mello section usually does a lip trill on although it is not written into the music we have but it sure does feel right when we do it so getting back to what the first five notes are.......5-6-5-b5-4 assuming I'm in the right key for whatever song we were talking about to begin with.

Sorry...did I ramble? :tongue:

Thanks for making me feel inept guys. :tongue:

Thanks for making me feel inept guys. :satisfied:

Where else can we rib people without them hitting us in the face. It's all in good fun and really nothing personal.