Least favorite stadiums .

Dunn Tire Park in Buffalo NY - Any baseball field used for drumcorps is a bad idea!

J. Birney Crum - prior to the turf being laid down....that grass was awful. and those hills...ack.

Bowman Gray Stadium - Winston Salem - really....a race track around the field...hmm

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando, Sevierville, West Chester (I think it was that one), and Pasadena.

As a spectator,

I think That field in Wildwood pretty much sucks. I know its mostly a DCA venue, but it seriously lags for all the hype it gets.

One of the worst i have seen.

As a performer/Instructor

J. Birney Crum is AWFUL.

I am talking mostly logistically. The field itself is great, but that big hill for equipment is awful, the complete lack of any decent warm up space and constantly being moved around by show officials, nothing that resembles respectable parking, just a mess in general.

I will be at east! Excited for the corps, but not for the stadium.

The Orange Bowl, Miami

(small show stadiums) Lake Highlands Stadium in Dallas. What a piece of crap. If you sit outside the 40s, you can't hear squat!

I already posted on another thread that I loved getting to see all corps two nights in a row in Dallas this year. That was a nice addition.

But DANG it's a whip having to deal with that utterly crappy Lake Highlands venue two nights in a row. :doh:

• Crappy parking. Have to take a shuttle bus from TWO MILES away so you have worry about missing the last bus back to your car if you want to visit with friends at the corps busses after the show.
  • Poorly designed crowd flow. It really is rediculous. I'd hate to be there when there was some kinda emergency and people needed to clear out in a hurry. Takes forever to get in and out of the seating area. I've actually missed TWO corps while just trying to get into the seating area because it takes so long for people to file in. They close the entrance again and I get stuck waiting ANOTHER 11 minutes crammed underneath the bleachers (with no shade as the sun is setting).
  • Seat numbers are too close together on the bleachers. There always seems to be not enough room for the butts of all the people who pay $30 for a spot.
  • No room for the crowd to move beneath the stadium because the concessions area takes up the entire walking zone.
  • Stadium is just too flippin' small. Considering HOW MANY DCI fans, staff and former members are packed into Dallas and the surrounding cities, a stadium for the DFW area shows should have an upper level or at least more than 30 rows. Heck! They closed the stadium and did construction for a year and only made the pressbox bigger?!?! :doh: The seating area is the same as before.

Even for it's out-of-the-way location, there is NIGHT AND DAY difference between the Denton venue and Dallas. Denton is awesome. :sad: The complete opposite of the Lake Highlands crappy venue. (Although having to listen to all the corps drumlines warmup while the earlier corps are on the field is a bit annoying.)

And yes I know all the political reasons why the Dallas shows are kept at Lake Highlands. But that doesn't keep me from LOATHING that location.

Edited by bradrick