A New and Dubious Record

I can only imagine the shock of Boston Crusaders fans as they check the scores from DCI Southern Mississippi tonight. According to dci.org, despite a numerical score in between that of Bluecoats and Phantom, their corps dropped down to a remarkable 45th place. Hopefully, this marks the bottom of the hill this season. Good luck at beating those 45 corps ahead of you, Boston!!! :sad:

I wonder what DCP would be like if there were 45 corps?

All 45 corps would have shows that "just aren't doing it" for somebody.

I can only imagine the shock of Boston Crusaders fans as they check the scores from DCI Southern Mississippi tonight. According to dci.org, despite a numerical score in between that of Bluecoats and Phantom, their corps dropped down to a remarkable 45th place. Hopefully, this marks the bottom of the hill this season. Good luck at beating those 45 corps ahead of you, Boston!!! :sad:

if Boston was there, somebody might be looking at the end of a barrel of a " 45 " ..... haha!

I wonder what DCP would be like if there were 45 corps?

Actually, DCI has 46 corps.

Bummed to think 23 years ago my corps was 2nd in Class A-60 and 34th in the world ... then 2nd in Class A and 26th in the world. Things change eh? :sad:

its sad to think of the days just 25 years ago or so when we had the TOP 25 make SEMI-FINALS. So many more corps out there, we had DC South and other regional entities that weren't managed by DCI. I can recall Drum Corps 'South championships which would signal the end of our "first tour" before heading up the east coast and hitting the traditional DCI sites. DC south championships even had a prelims/finals...there were that many corps in the south alone.

I don't know how much longer DCI can survive in its current setup. The economy has got to be killing these corps. The top groups will survive and the smaller corps who plan smartly will as well. But...i mean...is making the top 17 now as big as it was for us back then making the top 25? Perhaps....when i taught Spirit of Atlanta in 1997, getting back into semi-finals was one of my greatest teaching memories. We finished 17 and that was the beginning of a slow climb that saw Spirit in Finals just a few years later.

I guess i ramble...but so many have fallen: memphis sound, avante garde, pride of cincinnati, suncoast sound, florida wave, magic of orlando, geneso knights,

I could go on and on...its a shame...but life goes on.